Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2014, 10:36 PM   #1

has anyone seen this build

I may have tried to post this in the wrong section....I found this build on another site and it was suggested to look here to see if anyone knows it or is this just a Photoshop version of a real cool idea. I am going to be buying a bus soon and would like more information about this particular build.
Attached Thumbnails
camper idea.jpg  

New to School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:54 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Re: has anyone seen this build

I like it. They removed that horrible looking front bus forehead. I considered doing the same with the front of my Haul All.

It hardly looks like a bus anymore. Looks more like a high end motor home.

They also altered the front cap without any issues.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:09 PM   #3

it looks great without a doubt that's what caught my eye in the first place...but i am still not sure if its a real project...its has a split front windshield like a school bus, but it has front pillars and doors like a truck...if it is real then he has also found a way to blend doors into it as well.... or maybe the whole cab off a truck. In any event I am hoping someone knows this build and has some info on it, or we find out its a great idea either way it would be god to know as I am getting closer to getting my project started.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:27 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72

The only door I see on that rig is the walk through at mid ship just in front of the rear tire. No drivers or passenger doors.

Looks like a bus to me. They removed the rub rails, added a bunch of shiny sheet metal, and curved that roof portion.

They used mirrors off a MDT truck.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:05 PM   #5

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

I remember that bus. I'm pretty sure it's been posted here before but a very long time ago. Very cool.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:47 PM   #6

That's what I was told...some seven years ago or so...I was hoping to get some build information on it before I start my journey..hopefully someone recognizes this and has some pertinent information on how it was built....here is hoping....