Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2014, 08:13 AM   #1
Bus Crazy

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown / Pusher
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Re: Journey Begins - 1988 Crown Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarvel
Thank you for the ideas on the thermal break. I am measuring and figuring out what I am going to do. I don't want to lose any head room if I can avoid it.
Roof Raise!!!!

Stu & Filo. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:18 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown / Pusher
Engine: 8.3 Cummins

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_ster
Many trucking company's up here have changed all they're trucks all to LED headlights, at a cost of $1000 a truck for a two head light system.

Part I like the most about them is the light pattern. Up against a wall, there is a flat line at headlight level where below is super bright, and above is completely dark. No light spill above headlight level. Without upper light spill blinding oncoming traffic, they are able to pump out unreal amounts of light out, and still remain DOT compliant.

Second big thing I like is the light color. They have done a real good job figuring out what color is good for the human eye to see clearly, and without fatigue.

Also the fact that they are a life time light that will never need replacement. Rocks are no issue, as they are practically bullet proof. The lenses are made of the same polycarbonate material as bullet proof glass.

Nat
I recently read an article about the down side of LED lights is that if you live in a area that snows they don't produce heat so snow & ice build up very quickly blocking them off

Stuart
Stu & Filo. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:45 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: 3126
Rated Cap: 72

I also noticed this with my interior LED light. I guess I have to keep those windows closed in the winter.

visvi Cherokee for Journey, Sounds Like Oeesha

https://thejourneyvisvi.com/

My Conversion Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=464989
wmkbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:14 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

I read an article some years back about a small town that changed all its trafic lights and street lights to LEDs . It was up north some where and the mayor convinced the town to spend the money on the conversion stating how much money they would save in the long run on energy costs and repair costs. Well it snowed and all the lights got cloged with snow so they had to put all the old lights back up ......I'm thinking he didn't get re elected
texasrednek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:59 AM   #5
Bus Nut

Malkieri is offline   Reply With Quote