Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

2 Crowns still for sale - Long Beach,CA

Anyone in or around the Bus Business knows that Crown School Buses are one of the most durable and well made coaches ever built. They can be compared to a "Sherman Tank." They're powered by a GMC 671 Diesel engine, one of their most tangible assets. This simple 2 stroke engine goes the distance and then some. With an "in frame rebuild" it is like having a new engine installed. The Crowns that we own here at American Transportation Systems are in daily service and certified annually by the California Highway Patrol as Student Pupil Activity Buses, for ATS. But Crowns are still in use and Certified by the CHP as "School buses" for many School Districts across the State.

Problem is this, the brilliant legislators in the State of California have mandated that these incredible work horse buses must be destroyed in order for the "School Districts" to get Federal and State Funding for their replacements. Crushed into oblivion! We love our Crowns, they have made our business, but we can no longer operate them after December 31, 2014. So we are selling our fleet. Each bus is uniquely painted in different colors in order to catch potential customer's attention. They can be converted into motorhomes and/or toy haulers. Got any ideas? We are in fact in discussions with a man involved in "CAR-B-Q's" TO PRODUCE THE FIRST EVER-"BUS-B-Q!"

On our last search for Crown Buses for sale we found one tandem axle crown for sale at $15,900.00 Don't forget we are carrying passengers every single day in these buses. All units have automatic transmissions. Any questions call: Dennis Justice @ 562-531-8000

To see pictures of these buses go to http://amtrans.us/Bus_Sale.html

Old 09-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Re: 5 Crowns for sale - $7500 each - Long Beach,CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntnaslm
Anyone in or around the Bus Business knows that Crown School Buses are one of the most durable and well made coaches ever built. They can be compared to a "Bradley Tank."

To see pictures of these buses go to http://amtrans.us/Bus_Sale.html
sorry to correct....a Bradley is not a tank....when the scouts thought they where they got shot at ; a Bradley is a Scout vehicle with little armor and a small 25mm chain gun and a couple tow's...they were supported(in the CAV) by TANKS our case we had M1A1's...so to say the Crown buses (drool) are compareable to a M60A3...then that would be correct
just giving you a hard time...thanks for posting these here
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Hey we're just bus people, not tank people LOL. Would "Sherman Tank" work?
Old 09-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Quote:
Hey we're just bus people, not tank people LOL. Would "Sherman Tank" work?
yup....I would so love a Crown
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:22 PM   #5

Re: 2 Crowns still for sale - $7500 each - Long Beach,CA

I am very seriously thinking about getting my first bus, and I'm salivating over these right now.
Farbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:08 AM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Re: 2 Crowns still for sale - Long Beach,CA

The prices have gone up some due to popular demand, but still a good deal.
http://amtrans.us/Bus_Sale.html
Old 03-12-2014, 12:50 PM   #7

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

Quote:

Good luck with your sale. I'm sure us cheapass skoolies are lining up to buy your last 2 buses. You might need to raise prices again to curb demand.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal
Quote:

Good luck with your sale. I'm sure us cheapass skoolies are lining up to buy your last 2 buses. You might need to raise prices again to curb demand.
You "cheapass skoolies" (your quote) have already bought 3 of our Crowns and are thrilled to get a California Crown with no rust or corrosion and have actually been maintained and CHP inspected. Supply and demand at work here. If you don't like the prices, make an offer.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:44 PM   #9

I'm with CracyCal. I can get a bus with no rust or corrosion in Texas. Or Arizona. And the California highway patrol looking at the vehicle isn't worth the $10,000 extra on the price tag.

Good luck with that, though. If Americans are stupid enough to pay $100k for a swish new RV made from staples and styrofoam, I'm sure you can move a Crown for $16,000 (plus all appropriate taxes, fees, state bribes, etc etc).
DavidCrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:08 PM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidCrue
I'm with CracyCal. I can get a bus with no rust or corrosion in Texas. Or Arizona. And the California highway patrol looking at the vehicle isn't worth the $10,000 extra on the price tag.

Good luck with that, though. If Americans are stupid enough to pay $100k for a swish new RV made from staples and styrofoam, I'm sure you can move a Crown for $16,000 (plus all appropriate taxes, fees, state bribes, etc etc).
$10,000 extra on the price tag ??? Ahhh, so how much are our Crowns worth? Maybe "cheapass skoolie" does fit.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:15 AM   #11

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidCrue

$10,000 extra on the price tag ??? Ahhh, so how much are our Crowns worth? Maybe "cheapass skoolie" does fit.

I already said we were cheapass skoolies. You don't need to keep repeating it. A tandem might be worth half of what you are asking. Ask $20k, I hope you get it but don't be a wiener about it.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 06-18-2014, 02:08 PM   #12
Mini-Skoolie

Buses are sold
Old 06-20-2014, 01:12 PM   #13

Good riddance.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 06-20-2014, 01:39 PM   #14
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks for the kind words jerk. I'm really glad to have joined your little forum. Maybe someday you'll get a real bus.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:13 PM   #15

Don't mention it. As far as real buses go, I'm happy with my collection of imitation buses. If I really wanted a Crown, you don't think I can find one for a fraction of what you asking. They are beautiful vehicles but I'm kinda tired of the shitty tudes of some people who have them. It's just a vehicle.

I heard a joke the other day, what's the difference between a porcupine and a Crown bus? The porcupine has the pricks on the outside. Have a nice life, dude.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 06-22-2014, 04:42 AM   #16
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78

My, My, My.............that sure looked like fun. In America humans are entitled to ask anything they want for a refrigerator or for a Crown. These Crowns were for sale for a very long time..........at various prices.........and of course what one asks is not necessarily what they receive; But they are sold, and that's a good thing. They won't be farmed out to China and returned as microwaves and cheap tools..........Good Thing.

My Personal opinion on these Crowns. Automatic transmissions and naturally aspirated 671's (blower) are not my personal cup of tea............And some of you opened the door by referring yourself as "cheap ass-Skoolies"..........and really didn't need to attack the guy........for simply bringing his Crowns to the attention of the Board.........

And he shouldn't have retaliated either.............And dude there are significant differences between a Crown and a Porcupine...........I know. I've driven a Porcupine............bad gearing and even worse mileage..............have a nice day.............
Old 06-23-2014, 12:07 PM   #17

You post what you want and I will do the same.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 06-23-2014, 01:32 PM   #18
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78

I believe that's precisely what I said.............I didn't pick sides at all. All's fair in Love and Crowns.............
Old 09-25-2017, 05:33 PM   #19

Still for sale?

My husband and I are trying to find a crown bus in good condition to convert. Is your bus still for sale for $7500?
Savanabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:27 PM   #20
Bus Crazy

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown / Pusher
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savanabanana View Post
My husband and I are trying to find a crown bus in good condition to convert. Is your bus still for sale for $7500?
I sent you a pm
Stu & Filo. T is offline   Reply With Quote