Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2014, 06:43 AM   #1

Over 400 pre-owned buses for possible conversion

I'm not sure if I can say this on here, but I currently have over 400 pre-owned buses in my lot which vary in price, age, size, etc...If anyone has any bus needs, i'd like to try and help you our. Also, I work with shipping companies that ship worldwide for very good prices as well. Please contact me for more information.

Our main site: www.buscrazy.net Inventory link can be found there or navigate to : www.buscrazy.net/index.aspx

Our auction site (like ebay): www.donbrownbusauctions.com can use code "skoolie" for a free 60-day membership to try it out.

Buscrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:38 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78
Re: Over 400 pre-owned buses for possible conversion

Like Ebay? Really? I didn't see the similarity at all...............not at all.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:53 PM   #3

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buscrazy
I'm not sure if I can say this on here, but I currently have over 400 pre-owned buses in my lot which vary in price, age, size, etc...If anyone has any bus needs, i'd like to try and help you our. Also, I work with shipping companies that ship worldwide for very good prices as well. Please contact me for more information.

Our main site: http://www.buscrazy.net Inventory link can be found there or navigate to : http://www.buscrazy.net/index.aspx

Our auction site (like ebay): http://www.donbrownbusauctions.com can use code "skoolie" for a free 60-day membership to try it out.

Paid membership, ARE YOU HIGH? They are the same buses with the same prices on your website.

I bought a bus from you guys. I wouldn't go as far as calling you effing liars when it comes to describing the condition of your buses but I would take anything you say with a couple blocks of salt.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:55 AM   #4
Bus Crazy

It's a shame you can't see your inventory from the county highway. The aerial photo in your second link is the first time I could see how much area is covered with buses. From the road, all you can see is the dozen or so buses out in front of the water tank for the prison. I don't drive by so often since the prison is no longer a customer of mine.

But the problem is, nearly all your buses appear to be ready to go back into service, and are priced accordingly. I can't speak for others, but at least I when looking for a bus to build a skoolie as a camper would want one that is serviceable, but whose kid hauling days are over. My preference would be 20+ years old, have a diesel engine with mechanical injection, a manual transmission, and air brakes. For example, I had kind of been admiring the old International that was at the tractor dealer's over behind you on the State Highway. I think they used it to store old tires, but now they cleaned the whole yard out and it is gone.

I have your website saved as a favorite, and look at it from time to time. But if I select "manual" in the transmission filter today, the site returns one bus out of the 400, and that one is 10 years too new.

What might be of mutual benefit for both the Skoolie members and your business is if you would list here any "as is" trade-ins of really old buses that are still street legal, but not ready to go back to work.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:11 PM   #5
Bus Nut

The simple truth is that for the kind of Money you are asking for a schoolie to build out, there are simply so many other options Available. Not only that, but there are Coaches already built out, or Coaches that are blank canvases with million mile engines and loads of basement space.

I like the comment the preceding poster made; If you have access to buses, that are not ear marked to go directly back into service as people transports, but have come to the end of their "programmed life cycle" and are inexpensive those would have interest here.............otherwise what you ARE offering is really for another market in my opinion....Below is an example of a nice little Blue Bird I bought. I think I may have paid a bit too much for it. But I needed it and I wanted it. 127K actual miles with the mechanical 12 Valve turbo Cummins and 3.54 rears I paid 4500 bucks for it. It is clean top and bottom and economical and if I elected would be a cool little Cabin if I decided to go that way: As it sits seats are gone, it has a very cool Harbor Freight work bench with drawers and more storage below and a huge wooden vice, a 6000 Watt power inverter and took me 1200 miles without a hitch, with its 165 HP engine cruising comfortably at 70. With a slight modification I could easily run 225HP this is the kind of stuff I'm always looking for.. for personal use and/or resale. ........Moki
Attached Thumbnails
28bluebird.JPG  
Old 02-22-2014, 11:57 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72

That looks like a nice little TC1000.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:42 PM   #7
Bus Nut

That's exactly what it is Nat...........It's my go to rescue vehicle. And it's a sweet little Bus. I love the length and it has been a problem free investment. The district I bought it from thew in four new tires, not installed as of yet. And I put 1200 miles on it in 4 days. Driving it from Edmunds Washington to Weed California: To Modesto and then back to Gresham Oregon..........Never missed a beat. I really like it. And it enabled me to rescue the Crown that I bought: That has finally been completely gone through: 671TAC Detroit with a RT/RTX Eaton Fuller 10 spd with 2XOD......That Crown has Cost me twice what I paid for it. But the bearings are all re-done: Chassis lubed: All fluids and filters replaced. New Hi-Low shifter and air lines, batteries, and a 345 Amp Generator:

I came very close to scrapping this Crown. Very close. I would have offered it for Sale first: But it was not even close to what the seller represented. Not even close. I made two special trips to Weed CA. Two failed attempts to get this Crown Road Worthy. My last trip? I left it abandoned by a Quarry: And had it towed to Onarheim Trucking in Yreka. With no idea what would happen from there. I lucked out. And Don said as long as I'm not in a Hurry they would tend to all the issues. And it has been two months. Last week I got the invoice for all the work done. But more importantly I got these words from Don.

"I'm not much of a Bus guy. But we went through this bus. And I have driven it and I'm quite impressed. I wouldn't hesitate to drive this bus across the country tomorrow. Really a remarkable machine." I can't tell you how glad I am that this Crown could be saved.

The brakes are 90% and the steering couldn't be any better if it had come off the line yesterday. Not a rattle or a squeak, fresh paint, and without question the straightest and nicest Crown I've ever seen. And I've seen a few. Owned a few. So I'm Jazzed. Still need two Pieces of Glass. Already have a new drivers windshield but still need the side rear rounded window. No problem all flat glass..........Just so happy that it has been saved.........And I'm still into it less than I would have been had I bought the 89 Tandem and it's a fully rehabilitated. And it's got a rebuilt screaming Jimmy in it. To sit alongside my other Crown with the Big Cam III Turbo Cummins......I'm a lucky guy.
Attached Thumbnails
86crown3.jpg   86crown7.jpg  
Old 02-23-2014, 09:46 PM   #8
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72

Sweet, glad it turned out in the end.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:54 AM   #9
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbear
What might be of mutual benefit for both the Skoolie members and your business is if you would list here any "as is" trade-ins of really old buses that are still street legal, but not ready to go back to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokibrabrant
I like the comment the preceding poster made; If you have access to buses, that are not ear marked to go directly back into service as people transports, but have come to the end of their "programmed life cycle" and are inexpensive those would have interest here.............otherwise what you ARE offering is really for another market in my opinion...... ......Moki[/b]
See, you DO have a few buses of interest to the Skoolie crowd:

l4287 $3295 1995 International/Carpenter T444E diesel, automatic transmission, hydraulic brakes

This is "half" converted already, no seats to take out, no yellow paint to cover. If I were ready to buy, I might be over in an hour with cash in hand, even though in a perfect world I would want a DT466 (not DT466E) diesel, stick, and air brakes. You have to take the opportunities when they pop up. . . .

Other listings of interest to Skoolies:
_7649 $2495 1988 International/Bluebird (Georgia Bus) DT360 diesel, auto trans, hydraulic brakes
_7443 $3295 1998 International/Bluebird DT466E diesel, automatic transmission, air brakes
L4299 $3895 1998 International/Amtran DT466E diesel rear engine, automatic transmission, air brakes
L4376 $4295 1998 International/Bluebird T444E dog nose, automatic transmission, air brakes
l4388 $5295 1998 Bluebird TC1000 Handi-Bus, Cummins 5.9 diesel, automatic transmission, air brakes
L4389 $5295 1998 Bluebird TC2000 Cummins 5.9 diesel rear engine, automatic transmission, air brakes

I like the Amtran pusher, too, but as I am thinking about a camper and not a movable home, the dog nose has better ground clearance for the occasional "forest road."

I know there are some Skoolies dreaming of finding a bus in a farmer's field with 6 brand-new tires for $1000, and they will keep on dreaming. Clearly, buying direct from a school auction (if you win) will be cheaper than buying from a dealer. And prices on everything are higher than they were a year or two ago. If you doubt that, look at the price of beef. But these are reasonable prices for a good used bus from a dealer.

If you want to list buses like these, it's all about knowing your market. Don't give up on Skoolies just because we aren't ready to spend $50k+ on an almost-new bus, or $40k on an almost-new airport limo.

By the way, your user account needs to have the first 5 posts approved by moderators before your posts will appear immediately.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:10 PM   #10
Bus Nut

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Dodge S-600
Engine: 360 V8
Rated Cap: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbear
I know there are some Skoolies dreaming of finding a bus in a farmer's field with 6 brand-new tires for $1000, and they will keep on dreaming.
How true! Actually, I'm dreaming of finding in a farmer's field an old bus that needs 6-brand-new tires (and lots of brand-new other stuff). Not that I relish tire shopping or am into masochism, but that's the canvas for my dream machine. If I want something road-ready, I'd be better off with one of the buses that Redbear singled out.

My dream is most Skoolies' nightmare!

I've been known to sing along with country artist Kip Moore's Somethin' 'Bout a Truck, substituting the word "bus" for "truck!"
Old 03-24-2014, 10:51 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1979
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IHC
Engine: 366
Rated Cap: 48

I didn't look at the OP's site but thought I would put in my 0.02. I just bought a 48 passenger IHC with a 366/4?speed/split rear for $250.00. I talked him down from $900.00 because it wouldn't start. I had to r+r the propane regulator of which I had one. All the tires are holding ~40 lbs when I checked. The interior has already been started on conversion and just needs plumbing for the potable water and gray/black water. The rest has been done. So the good deals are still out there.

Richard
alwaysFlOoReD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:42 PM   #12
Almost There

Year: 1997
Chassis: International Amtram Genesis
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 87

I got an awesome deal on a bus with brand new batteries and tires and barely used brakes for 3 grand.. it's a tad rusty but that's what rustoleum is for right?
My Facebook Blog: https://www.facebook.com/sliceoflifeRv
missingTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:46 PM   #13
Bus Nut

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Dodge S-600
Engine: 360 V8
Rated Cap: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingTexas
I... that's what rustoleum is for right?
Yup! When I worked for The Home Depot, I discovered this Rustoleum Professional Primer for heavily rusted metal. According to customer reviews it's great.

(I've been busy between fixing up a house I just bought, and taking care of a profoundly disabled signif. other. I hope to take up some serious school-bus hunting soon.)