Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2014, 01:32 PM   #1

Year: 95
Coachwork: Genesis
Engine: 6 cyl. Int'l Harvester
For sale: 95' Diesel Genesis [Vashon Is, WA]

Well; I'm sad that this is my first post as I really wish I could fix my Skoolie up, but I figured someone on the site might be interested in saving this bus from the scrap yard. I purchased the bus from the local school district, and was planning on selling my home and taking it on the road, but due neighbors who like to sick the cops on people; I'm forced to sell, or scrap it by Thursday this week.

The title is in the process of being transferred to my name, but I have to jump through some hoops and get an appraisal done in 15 days so the DOL can figure out how much tax to tack on as they feel I did not pay what the bus was worth. The bus itself is in pretty good shape, but the transmission on the other hand is shot, and the behemoth would need to be towed. The battery does not hold a charge, and there are some other minor issues, but it does run and I was able to drive it 5-6 miles to my home. 191,837 miles put on it by the local school.

I already had a stove and fridge for it too, and have sawzalled the seats out. To my dismay, I haven't been able to find a new place to park it by Thursday and it would break me and my wife's heart to see it go to the scrapyard.

I also have a non running 94' Ford diesel short bus. No vacuum pump, and we assume the glow plug harness is shot. This one has to be gone in two weeks. Same deal on the title. 168,794 miles. No seats.

Open to offers and trades. I was recently laid off while injured due to work related injury, and our family is in dire need of a dependable commuter vehicle so my wife can commute to work as she is driving a car with a rebuilt engine and failing tranny.

PM me for more details and pictures.

Assertivecollective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:31 PM   #2
Almost There

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH
Engine: 466
Rated Cap: 64
Re: For sale: 95' Diesel Genesis [Vashon Is, WA]

Did you get it sold?
dburt is offline   Reply With Quote