Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2014, 04:59 PM   #1
Skoolie

Running TANDEM crown on copart $2750 Buy it now price

I have no affiliation but if anyone wants a crown that runs cheap
http://www.copart.com/c2/homeSearch.htm ... CH_RESULTS
I am thinking about grabbing it, but its pretty far

EDIT: Its a manual so I wont be buying it

jmar896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 06:51 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Just the two of us.
Re: Running TANDEM crown on copart $2750 Buy it now price

Looks like it has a salvage title, In Indiana that means you can't get a title for it.
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:35 PM   #3
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhereinusa
Looks like it has a salvage title, In Indiana that means you can't get a title for it.
If it passes a inspection in most states you can get a rebuilt title for it
Old 05-26-2014, 05:50 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78

Running TANDEM crown on copart $2750 Buy it now price

Unread postby jmar896 » Sat May 24, 2014 11:59 am

I could see that is a manual............however does anyone know what engine is in this Crown..........I'm using my resources to find out without luck thus far..........and also, it appears if you are out of state you have to run your bidding through one of their brokers. Moki
Old 05-26-2014, 06:24 PM   #5
Almost There

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH
Engine: 466
Rated Cap: 64

The listing says Cert of title OR Salvage acquisition so it may come with a clean title. It could be that a school district has taken it to Copart to be sold 'as is' since it does not meet California clean air rules anymore, and cannot be sold back into service in the state. I and two other partners buy many, many vehicles from Copart each year and you see a lot of vehicles with odd or usual backgrounds come thru the auctions.
dburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:07 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Well everything wasn't as straight forward as it might appear with regard this Crown.

I've been a member of Copart for many years: And I don't know precisely what the deal is, but as a Member I could not bid on this Crown: With a great deal of effort, on a site that was under maintenance I contracted the correctly licensed broker to bid for me: I'm currently awaiting the approval of the Seller: The auction closed: I had the highest bid, and then I upped my offer to close to their buy it now: So I'm waiting to hear.

So here are some photo's that are on my page on Facebook, CROWNING AROUND and you can check out all the photo's, and as well check out all the buses I own, have owned or think are cool.
And if you like what you see I'd appreciate it if you would like the page, not just the photo's but the page itself..........until next time............Moki

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 450&type=1
Attached Thumbnails
242.JPG  
Old 05-27-2014, 06:29 PM   #7
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokibrabrant
Well everything wasn't as straight forward as it might appear with regard this Crown.

I've been a member of Copart for many years: And I don't know precisely what the deal is, but as a Member I could not bid on this Crown: With a great deal of effort, on a site that was under maintenance I contracted the correctly licensed broker to bid for me: I'm currently awaiting the approval of the Seller: The auction closed: I had the highest bid, and then I upped my offer to close to their buy it now: So I'm waiting to hear.

So here are some photo's that are on my page on Facebook, CROWNING AROUND and you can check out all the photo's, and as well check out all the buses I own, have owned or think are cool.
And if you like what you see I'd appreciate it if you would like the page, not just the photo's but the page itself..........until next time............Moki

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 450&type=1
Good luck. I know with some auctions you need a dealers license to bid on, do you have one?
Best of luck
Jake
Old 05-27-2014, 07:12 PM   #8
Bus Nut

No Dealers license that's why I had to contract with a Broker who has the required licenses.........just that cost me 250 bucks........The Crown is currently mine.........we have come to terms, after some offer counter offer back and forth........I would gladly have given the school district what they wanted, but between Copart Fees, and Broker fees that's an additonal 700 bucks above the purchase price. In the instant at hand that's quite a bit...............Still very good deal.........Love the double headlights, very rare, for this late model year Crown. the only one i own that has the true wrap around windshields which is a nice look............and of course if you look at the turn signals, you won't fine them on too many Crowns with the Aluminum Castings that stick out the way they do.............but I'm so stoked the process is over and it's mine................Moki.
Attached Thumbnails
243.JPG   245.JPG  
Old 05-27-2014, 07:34 PM   #9
Skoolie

Quote:
No Dealers license that's why I had to contract with a Broker who has the required licenses.........just that cost me 250 bucks........The Crown is currently mine.........we have come to terms, after some offer counter offer back and forth........I would gladly have given the school district what they wanted, but between Copart Fees, and Broker fees that's an additonal 700 bucks above the purchase price. In the instant at hand that's quite a bit...............Still very good deal.........Love the double headlights, very rare, for this late model year Crown. the only one i own that has the true wrap around windshields which is a nice look............and of course if you look at the turn signals, you won't fine them on too many Crowns with the Aluminum Castings that stick out the way they do.............but I'm so stoked the process is over and it's mine................Moki.
Congrats
How much did you pay with all fees included?
Also do you know whats the deal with the title? Was it clean or salvage?
Once you have it, take some more pictures please. Ill like your facebook page when im on my computer tomorrow.
Best wishes for the drive home
Jake
Old 05-28-2014, 01:27 AM   #10
Bus Nut

Thanks Jake.........got to keep the price a Secret and it's still not done..........as far as I'm concerned Copart's fees are ridiculous, and the surrogate to bid for me, was AutoBidMaster and they, are even worse, so I've got the combined fees of both these entities: They invoiced me for the bus, and they overcharged me the Copart buyers fee by a hundred bucks, and they also tried to sneak in another 150 bucks by having me buy their Premier membership which I have no desire for: I availed myself of the membership that is free, but you are entitled to one transaction, and if you don't cancel that "free" membership, then they'll go ahead and charge you their annual membership. And you have to slap down a 400 dollar deposit, that doesn't apply to the purchase and you can't have back until you pay for and pick up the Bus: Payment and pickup must be completed in 7 days: AutoBidMaster also Lies and "suggests" you should use their services to get the vehicle off the lot.....unless it's state inspected and registered. Whereas it's a Copart Lot, and one of their employees will drive it off the lot, and you are on your own.....so the nickle and dime ing is one thing, but the outright deception is another: I can't stand them. But I had to do this to get the Crown and I've been through worse: Every Crown has a Story..........

I'll be happy to post pics and give a report on the Crown. I should be driving it before the middle of June. I haven't been this excited about a bus since I bought my first Crown....and never had a Tandem so it's going to me kind of cool.......

And yes, I will end up with a clear California Title..........and when I find out with certainty where this Crown came from, I will approach the school district and see if I can grab the Original manuals that accompanied it...........That would be way cool, will have the build sheets and schematics which are always nice to have since each Crown was a custom build....When i find out more i'll post, with some better photo's...........Moki
Old 05-31-2014, 02:21 AM   #11
Bus Nut

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Crown Coach
Chassis: 40ft 3-axle 10spd O/D, Factory A/C
Engine: 300hp Cummins 855
Rated Cap: 91

A little free info. Apple Valley Unified School District. It's a Cummins and 5spd as shown. Air-ride
susp. in the rear and has the usual inter-axle differential. The quad headlights is pure classic Crown
and standard until about 1970. This is a 1986 and I suspect the district retro-fitted the lower headlights
and added the cast turn signal housings, which were always a nice extra cost item not usually ordered
except by classy charter bus operators like Embree which had these on most everything they owned.
The spare tire compartment at the right front behind the front tire is not fully enclosed with just the
bar to support the tire. The district may have ordered it new with the lights like that but who cares,
they're all there now. The headlights were usually the top pair on for normal driving, with high beams.
The lower pair had a separate switch labeled "AUX" and aimed closer for fog etc, they also had a high
beam, so with everything on and high beamed it was truly awesome, and on pitch-black camp roads or
lonely dark roads in the boonies, very much appreciated. This to me is what a real Crown is supposed
to look like, and exactly what I intend to do to mine. Many fond memories.
Crown_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:23 AM   #12
Bus Nut

The Crown, referred to as a Bug Eye Crown was dressed that way at the Crown: with the headlights and the "falsies" turn signal.......Crown has the 300 HP Cummins and a 5 speed. Slight oil seepage from the valve covers, and either the adjustment or the replacement of the Air Ride Ridewell air modulator............
Beautiful Crown. A real pain in the ass dealing with all the various agencies with their finger in the pie..........But it's saved and that's the main thing............the strange thing about this Crown is from the very onset I was under the impression that it had the 671 turbo..........I was very surprised to learn it had the Cummins..........both the transporter, as well as the temporary storage location owned by a very knowledgeable Crown guy, owns two and a Gillig neglected to notice the Cummins........though my friend said the engine looks really clean......but it's not green how you mistake a Cummins for a 671 is beyond me........but that's the way it goes.....

But I do agree..........It is a remarkable looking Crown and the the two sets of beams below and the falsie aluminum canisters that house the turn signals are ultra cool.......just a nice look, like a sweet yellow locomotive: which is close to what it is. except it travels rails of concrete and asphalt...........and occasionally off roads........
Old 06-22-2014, 08:05 PM   #13
Bus Nut

There were two of them there. #24 was the Cummins. The other one had a 6-71 and 10spd fleet
#14. Didn't you get them both? Somebody took the second one before the auction, buy it now.
Below #14.
Attached Thumbnails
20953754_1X.JPG   20953754_5X.JPG  
Old 06-22-2014, 11:57 PM   #14
Bus Nut

I have both of them............problem with 14 is that the VIN on title did not match the VIN on the Crown..........I'm not going to get into all the ins and outs of it.........But yes I did buy it before it went to the line........for the same price I paid for 24........minus the $300 additional Autobidmaster Fee: The Fees for the purchase of 24 nearly amounted to another 1000.00 tacked on to the purchase price. Buying anything from Copart involves a tremendous amount of risk........

Copart will advertise a vehicle as "runs and drives"........upon further investigation into their boiler plate "runs and drives" means that the vehicle was moved forward at least 5 inches, and in reverse at least 5 inches. The feel no imperative to reveal, the engine had a loud knocking sound, or that the belts are missing...........it's really very important to have these vehicles inspected. I can't emphasize that enough: Another one of their often repeated deceits, is that they do their thing, and state the vehicle runs and drives, but neglect to mention that the vehicle has sat on the lot for two years, from the time that it "ran and drove"........all that need be done is do a cursory search of either Copart or Autobidmaster. associate the word fraud. And you have a bout a lifetime's reading............Copart for the most part works very well for dismantlers and scrappers........looking for a bargain on a running vehicle is fraught with potential land mines as they disclose very little: You have to search to find out what "run and drives" means, and I believe for you and I, run and drives means there are no issues, brakes, bad transmission, engine...........to them......we pulled it forward 5 inches, backwards five inches.........yup. Runs and Drives............
Old 06-23-2014, 04:05 PM   #15
Bus Nut

I wonder how the Ebay buyer felt about your description of it being a Detroit and finding out it was a Cummins.
it wasn't full air-ride either, I saw it and it had typical spring susp. in front. You paid $2850 for the winning
bid, I was standing at their counter at the time and they told me the winning price. One week later it was
sold on EBay for $8500. Not bad. Did you even lay eyes on it? Thinning out your collection of Crowns huh.
And people wonder why the prices of Crowns keep going up. But you're right it was saved. and this is still
a free country and anyone can set any price they want, whatever the market will bear. But not every so
called expert or enthusiast should be taken at face value. Buyer beware indeed. And you always protest
way too much. It's called projection, look it up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CROWN-SUPERCOAC ... ARE-671TA-
EATON-FULLER-5-SPEED-/251551628290?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_trksid= p2047675.l2557
&nma=true&si=VOhjrhhpy41jsZJRhDW%252B7uurDO0%253D& orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
Old 06-24-2014, 01:18 AM   #16

Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

Too funny and not surprising. Can you fix the link?

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:49 AM   #17
Bus Nut

Well in keeping with your form of the past.........that's a patent lie that you were standing anywhere near the desk when I finally won this auction..... when I won the bid. The Seller and I went through a series of offer counter offer scenarios prior to settling on the price. You suggest even in your heading that the "buy it now" was 2750.00 why I would pay more that that is preposterous on its face. The price you quote as the winning bid is incorrect: And if you'd like to wager something significant, I would be more than happy to scan and print the bill of Sale..........And don't forget that you would need to add nearly a grand on top of whatever the winning bid might be: But you won't do that will you? Because it's an outright lie.

Just to give you a little example here's a quote from "The Crown Guy" posted on this board May 15th. [i]" Just last
week I found two Crowns immediately available for purchase. They are both 40ft 3-axles with
manual (not-automatic) transmissions. One with a Cummins has a 10spd over-drive, the other
one has a Detroit 6-71 with 5-spd.. Both appear in good useable condition and were driven
to where they are now sitting awaiting their fate. Not sure what price would be but I'm sure it
will be less than $10k. As the supply dries up I'm seeing the prices start to rise for those buses "Outside of the fact YOU got the running gear wrong, you seem to suggest you knew what they would sell for, so why did you say "Not sure what the price would be but I'm sure it will be less than $10K". I'm sure you have a well rounded psychotic explanation for that.? Can't wait. Cause I'll bury you even deeper if you attempt to lie. Not that it's really in question. You've been doing it so long.

As to the other matter: The winning bidder for the Bug eye Crown was made aware that it was a Cummins 300 hp. And was told that I would be happy to cancel the transaction. I had the Bus transported by a professional driver. Guess what bone head? More Money. I had the Crown placed in storage. Guess what Mr. Crown Guy More Money. The purchaser of the Crown, who happens to be a member of this board, was extended the opportunity to walk away. He knows, as I know, and you in your sleazy lies and rather crass indolent way also know that the Turbo Big Cam 855 cubic inch 300 HP Cummins in a True Bug Eye Crown, Is one hell of a great score. A very very very beautiful tandem, further displaying your blithe indifference to truth. The Bug Eye Crown was not some spastic after market after thought as you implied, but Came from the Crown Coach Manufacturing plant, equipped with the dual set of Headlights, the lower being the high beam, and as well was outfitted with the turn signals below the windshield, on the aluminum "falsies" as they are referred to.

So what else Crown Guy? Had I known that Crown had the Cummins, I would have kept it. And if I decided to sell it, I would have offered it at a much higher buy it now price.

And Mr. Crown Guy the Market place determines the value of these Crowns. Of course the buying public couldn't possibly be as sophisticated and erudite as you are: There wasn't someone with a gun to their head. Basic rule of value. Maybe not always true but accepted rather universally. Rarity increases value. So bottom line, again, is the fellow that bought this Crown got a great, great, great deal. He has a very beautiful Crown, I'm happy he's happy and your just a dude on the sideline pretending to be something you aren't. Crown guy you're a Poser pure and simple. You claim this altruist interest and purpose in saving Crowns. You also posted just a week or so before you began this thread that you knew of a couple Crowns, and you gave a little speech, and implied they could be had below 10K........Gee Crown guy, were those Crowns 24 and 14? And don't insult the intelligence of the members of this board and suggest you were referring to the two wrecks in San Diego. Which by the way Crown Guy. Are you going to save those from the Scrapper. Tell me Crown guy? How many Crowns have you saved from the scrapper in your claimed illustrious 30 years? I save more Crowns in a Year than you've saved in your rather wearisome displacement of space on this planet. You're a fraud pure and simple and I knew it from the onset when you tried to Sell a Crown you didn't own, had never driven and were just finding a way to make a grand..........

I don't know what the hell your point is, except to further confirm your suffering from a deficiency of oxygen, when you ramble on about there being no air ride on the front axle. Are you sure there's no air bag or bellow on the front axle? Or would you like to make another wager? Animated on your perfected delusion? You know You would surely lose, and likely never pay?

I've already allotted more time than you warrant. Maybe the buyer of the Crown will chime in here, within the next couple of weeks. I'll let him address you. Though he likely won't. He's a nice guy. Something I never laid claim to be. But either are you. And what separates me from you by a long measure is I am competent, honest, and truthful.......... Now you can snivel how you have been put upon by mean ol' mokibra.....but your thinly veiled little assassination piece peppered nearly entirely with blatant lies I see as little more than an effort to maintain a grandiose front that may fool some. For that matter, I couldn't careless if the entirety of this Board believes every utterance you've made. But you've not fooled me not for a moment........you're a pretender.
Attached Thumbnails
24.JPG  
Old 06-24-2014, 11:16 AM   #18

Quote:
Well in keeping with your form of the past.........that's a patent lie that you were standing anywhere near the desk when I finally won this auction..... when I won the bid. The Seller and I went through a series of offer counter offer scenarios prior to settling on the price. You suggest even in your heading that the "buy it now" was 2750.00 why I would pay more that that is preposterous on its face. The price you quote as the winning bid is incorrect: And if you'd like to wager something significant, I would be more than happy to scan and print the bill of Sale..........And don't forget that you would need to add nearly a grand on top of whatever the winning bid might be: But you won't do that will you? Because it's an outright lie.

Just to give you a little example here's a quote from "The Crown Guy" posted on this board May 15th. [i]" Just last
week I found two Crowns immediately available for purchase. They are both 40ft 3-axles with
manual (not-automatic) transmissions. One with a Cummins has a 10spd over-drive, the other
one has a Detroit 6-71 with 5-spd.. Both appear in good useable condition and were driven
to where they are now sitting awaiting their fate. Not sure what price would be but I'm sure it
will be less than $10k. As the supply dries up I'm seeing the prices start to rise for those buses "Outside of the fact YOU got the running gear wrong, you seem to suggest you knew what they would sell for, so why did you say "Not sure what the price would be but I'm sure it will be less than $10K". I'm sure you have a well rounded psychotic explanation for that.? Can't wait. Cause I'll bury you even deeper if you attempt to lie. Not that it's really in question. You've been doing it so long.

As to the other matter: The winning bidder for the Bug eye Crown was made aware that it was a Cummins 300 hp. And was told that I would be happy to cancel the transaction. I had the Bus transported by a professional driver. Guess what bone head? More Money. I had the Crown placed in storage. Guess what Mr. Crown Guy More Money. The purchaser of the Crown, who happens to be a member of this board, was extended the opportunity to walk away. He knows, as I know, and you in your sleazy lies and rather crass indolent way also know that the Turbo Big Cam 855 cubic inch 300 HP Cummins in a True Bug Eye Crown, Is one hell of a great score. A very very very beautiful tandem, further displaying your blithe indifference to truth. The Bug Eye Crown was not some spastic after market after thought as you implied, but Came from the Crown Coach Manufacturing plant, equipped with the dual set of Headlights, the lower being the high beam, and as well was outfitted with the turn signals below the windshield, on the aluminum "falsies" as they are referred to.

So what else Crown Guy? Had I known that Crown had the Cummins, I would have kept it. And if I decided to sell it, I would have offered it at a much higher buy it now price.

And Mr. Crown Guy the Market place determines the value of these Crowns. Of course the buying public couldn't possibly be as sophisticated and erudite as you are: There wasn't someone with a gun to their head. Basic rule of value. Maybe not always true but accepted rather universally. Rarity increases value. So bottom line, again, is the fellow that bought this Crown got a great, great, great deal. He has a very beautiful Crown, I'm happy he's happy and your just a dude on the sideline pretending to be something you aren't. Crown guy you're a Poser pure and simple. You claim this altruist interest and purpose in saving Crowns. You also posted just a week or so before you began this thread that you knew of a couple Crowns, and you gave a little speech, and implied they could be had below 10K........Gee Crown guy, were those Crowns 24 and 14? And don't insult the intelligence of the members of this board and suggest you were referring to the two wrecks in San Diego. Which by the way Crown Guy. Are you going to save those from the Scrapper. Tell me Crown guy? How many Crowns have you saved from the scrapper in your claimed illustrious 30 years? I save more Crowns in a Year than you've saved in your rather wearisome displacement of space on this planet. You're a fraud pure and simple and I knew it from the onset when you tried to Sell a Crown you didn't own, had never driven and were just finding a way to make a grand..........

I don't know what the hell your point is, except to further confirm your suffering from a deficiency of oxygen, when you ramble on about there being no air ride on the front axle. Are you sure there's no air bag or bellow on the front axle? Or would you like to make another wager? Animated on your perfected delusion? You know You would surely lose, and likely never pay?

I've already allotted more time than you warrant. Maybe the buyer of the Crown will chime in here, within the next couple of weeks. I'll let him address you. Though he likely won't. He's a nice guy. Something I never laid claim to be. But either are you. And what separates me from you by a long measure is I am competent, honest, and truthful.......... Now you can snivel how you have been put upon by mean ol' mokibra.....but your thinly veiled little assassination piece peppered nearly entirely with blatant lies I see as little more than an effort to maintain a grandiose front that may fool some. For that matter, I couldn't careless if the entirety of this Board believes every utterance you've made. But you've not fooled me not for a moment........you're a pretender.

You sure do talk a lot of **** but don't really say much. You use big words too. It hurts my little head. I got one for you.

What's the difference between a porcupine and a Crown?

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 06-24-2014, 12:04 PM   #19

Oh yeah....I forgot to put a bunch of smillies like you did.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 06-24-2014, 01:58 PM   #20
Bus Nut

It's always been difficult for me to communicate with the lowest common denominator...........here let me make a couple of suggestions so you don't hurt your "little Head" I believe you the lunatic feline said something to the effect:

"You sure do talk a lot of **** but don't really say much. You use big words too. It hurts my little head. I got one for you." Your head wouldn't hurt so much if you could manage to somehow get it out of your A$$....and the only difference between you and a bucket of $hit........is the bucket.........now you have a nice day. And do try to play well with others........