Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2014, 12:03 PM   #1

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 diesel
Converted School Bus For Sale

This is a fully converted school bus to be a year-round livable dwelling. It is a 1997 Bluebird International full length school bus. Brake lines replaced recently, tires in excellent condition, engine has 120K, starts and runs great.
The interior is equipped with full kitchen, dinette, fold-out bench/bed, bedroom with closet and storage space, bathroom with compostable toilet. It also has a shower room with sink and shelving.
The electrical is basically a 110v system. The bus plugs into a 110v outlet via extension cord and powers up lights and outlets. There are no issues with powering everything up including small refrigerator. Old propane cook stove with oven - works perfect.
The heating system includes a wood stove and an Olympian Wave catalytic heater (LP propane).
Hot water is delivered by an on-demand LP propane instant hot water heater - works very well and provides endless hot water very efficiently.
All hand-crafted wood work counters, tables, shelves and cabinets. Hardwood oak floors.
Too much to list all the work put into this comfortable small dwelling.
Must see to believe - call or email to to arrange a viewing. clean title.
$15,000

413-977-3702
Located in western Massachusetts
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00469.jpg   DSC00465.jpg   DSC00525.jpg  

moondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:40 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Re: Converted School Bus For Sale

Extremely nice craftsmanship. The asking price is much higher than some less refined "complete" conversions listed here, but this is a bus for someone who wants to drive away and camp, not someone who wants a $2,000 bus to rip out whatever you built and start over. It is definitely priced favorably when compared to a motor home and not a fixer-upper skoolie.

Good luck with the sale.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:19 AM   #3

Thanks dude, yeah, this is really for someone who wants to park it and live in it. Not for someone who wants to travel. Mechanically it's in good shape but I've never driven it for long periods so not sure how it would hold up. It's also kind of heavy - though never weighed it.
Regarding price - keep in mind it is livable in the northern winters. The water heater kicks on when temp get's too low. The shower lines are heated with heat tape. The propane heater alone was $500 so we put a lot of quality work, money and thought into everything. We rented it out for $350/mo for the last year and it was comfortable all winter.
Could use a few more things like - solar panels and a grey water tank
Though we're torn about selling it, we need the $$ to help with a house we're building.

Cheers!
Old 06-12-2014, 02:53 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: DT466/AT545

Nicely done sir! I suggest you post more pics. Everyone likes pics. Including the outside.
viewtopic.php?t=4959
Diesel Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:09 PM   #5

schoolie.net only let me put post 3 pics but on my craigslist ad I posted many:
http://westernmass.craigslist.org/rvs/4514638855.html

I don't have any outside pics but just picture a yellow full length school bus.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondude View Post
Thanks dude, yeah, this is really for someone who wants to park it and live in it. Not for someone who wants to travel. Mechanically it's in good shape but I've never driven it for long periods so not sure how it would hold up. It's also kind of heavy - though never weighed it.
Regarding price - keep in mind it is livable in the northern winters. The water heater kicks on when temp get's too low. The shower lines are heated with heat tape. The propane heater alone was $500 so we put a lot of quality work, money and thought into everything. We rented it out for $350/mo for the last year and it was comfortable all winter.
Could use a few more things like - solar panels and a grey water tank
Though we're torn about selling it, we need the $$ to help with a house we're building.

Cheers!
Would you consider rent to own? This is gorgeous! Something my husband would love to live in.
AbbeyRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:06 PM   #7

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
If you think 15k is high, look up some of the tiny houses are listed at. Sometimes on craigslist. Also, your link is dead.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 03:48 AM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Gillig
Chassis: 636D?
Engine: Cat 1160 NA V8 diesel w/ Allison MT643
Rated Cap: 73
It's true. Seeing what you have done is great. We just bought ours and it's ready to live in full time which we plan to do. BUT we bought an old Gillig and I'm starting to believe we paid for the name and "cool" styling. Can't vouch for the craftsmanship yet in our hands other than the fact that it's still kickin. We paid more than you're asking. Maybe a couple extras on what you have but I don't see why you can't get what you're asking. I'm still new, just gathered a lot from searching for what we wanted. Good luck with your house!
Deathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 04:02 AM   #9

still available? links to craigslist are dead
cheyenne22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:04 AM   #10
Bus Nut

Year + old original post BTW