Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2014, 02:05 PM   #1
Bus Crazy

A couple of good buses up for auction

These are from my local school district, and they're at the yard a few miles from my house. I've crawled all over the two Thomas Saf-T-Liners (flat nose rear end pushers) and heard them idle. I have been forbidden by SWMBO to bid unless/until the backlog of projects-in-progress shrinks drastically so I thought I'd bring them to the attention of the community. Note that my opinion of whether it's a good bus or not isn't worth squat; two days ago was the first and only time in my life so far I've even eyed a bus with skoolie intent.

http://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Ma ... cctid=2489
http://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Ma ... cctid=2489

3 days left and they're both at $1200.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:58 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu
Re: A couple of good buses up for auction

Sounds to me like a perfect example of "rules were meant to be broken"! Were I looking for a bus, I'd snap 'em both up at $1200 and plead insanity.. Hope this helps
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:29 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Re: A couple of good buses up for auction

Yeah, really. As they say, they're just like buses - another one will be along presently.

They had an accessory I'd never seen before. Some sort of a timed pre-heater - Metabo? Metaxa? Started with an H, maybe? It was in a side locker underneath the bus, and it had an alarm-clock front end in the dash. You coudl set it for a time and it would fire up (burning tank diesel) and heat and circulate the engine coolant. Nice touch.

-Dan