Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2014, 02:33 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: International Ward/AmTran
Chassis: 3800
Engine: Navistar DT360
Rated Cap: 72
FS: 92 Intl Motorcycle Toy Hauler / Party Bus / RV / Camper

YEAR: 1992
MAKE: International
MODEL: 3800
BODY: Ward/AmTran
PASSENGER: 72
ENGINE: Navistar DT360 Turbo Diesel
TRANSMISSION: Allison AT545 Automatic
MILEAGE: ~240,000
BRAKES: Hydraulic
TIRES: 70% on the rears, 10% on the front
FUEL TYPE: Diesel
MPG: 10-12 empty, 7-8 fully-loaded w/ trailer
LENGTH: Approx 38 feet
LOCATED: Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
PRICE: $3,995 (cash only. $500 non-refundable PayPal deposit to hold it). email me: bjorniverson[at]gmail[dot]com

I purchased this bus directly from the Hudson, WI school district in 2007 where it was meticulously maintained. Since buying it, it has been maintained by a fleet of diesel mechanics, and is serviced every spring: fresh fluids, filters, grease, etc.

The transmission was rebuilt shortly before I bought it, so it's got another ~200,000 miles left on it. Shortly after I bought it, I had the engine torn down and freshened up (works kit) with new o-rings, seals, gaskets, etc and should be good for another ~200,000 miles. The cross-hatching on the cylinder walls were perfect, no sign of wear. This engine and transmission are bullet proof, and known for their amazingly long lifespans. I've had zero issues with this bus, aside from your normal maintenance and wear/tear. I just took it on a 1200 mile road trip a few months ago, and would definitely do it again tomorrow no problem.

As you'll see below, I happily travel all over the country with it and would trust it to go anywhere, any time. It always fires up immediately, idles and runs like a dream.

It has an open floor plan, nothing behind the drivers seat is bolted down, so you can do what you want with it. I keep two couches and a few chairs in there, and can comfortably seat 12 people in the front half of the bus, and haul 6 sportbikes/motorcycles in the back half of the bus. I've pulled many trailers behind it, including an 18-foot. The exterior LED lights, especially the stop and turn, are BRIGHT. No joke. You can go blind looking at them, they are awesome.

Prices is firm, I'm in no rush to sell. Bus is sold as-is. I've done the best I can to describe it accurately. I will do the best to answer any questions you might have.

The bottom line is this: it's a mechanically sound, awesome bus. I've owned it for 7+ years, and have spent many months debating if I even want to sell (I listed this for sale once before, but then quickly changed my mind). I just need to shift my priories/focus over to something else.

UPGRADES:
-Cobra 29LX CB Radio, Dual 4' Firestik II Whips, Interfire PA Horn w/ AMP ($300)
-27" LCD Flat Panel TV w/ wall mount ($200)
-1200 WATT Power Inverter ($150)
-LED Interior Lighting: white, white/blue, blue ($150)
-LED Running Lights: 74 amber/red ($500)
-LED Turn Signals: 2 front, 2 rear, custom side signals ($400)
-LED Stop Lamps: 6 rear ($480)
-LED Reverse Lights 2 rear ($60)
-10ft Custom Motorcycle/Dirtbike Ramp with under-bus mounting/storage
-Custom built receiver & hitch w/ 7 pin & 4 pin connector
-5% Limo Tint
-Quad Driving Lights
-Battery Tender

FIXED/REPLACED RECENTLY:
-Battery, size 8D (replaced 2 months/1200 miles ago)
-New Alternator (replaced 1200 miles ago)
-Brake pads & rotors (rear, <5,000 miles ago)
-Passenger-side caliper (<5,000 miles ago)
-Brake lines (front & rear) (<5,000 miles ago)
-Rear axle seals (<5,000 miles ago)
-Fresh coat of black paint (2013)
-Headlamp buckets

WILL NEED "SOON":
-Front Tires & Alignment (I'd still feel comfortable driving to Florida and back with it as is. Needs to be done, but not immediately)

COULD FIX IF YOU WANT TO, BUT NOT NEEDED:
-Could probably use some new hinges on the rear door. I've used it as is for a few years now.
-Misc rust spots patched up
-3 windows replaced (cheap/easy to do)
-Plywood flooring could stand to be replaced

WHERE IT'S BEEN:
Bike Week :: 3 times :: Daytona Beach, Florida :: 3100 miles round-trip
Barber Motorsports Park :: 1 times :: Birmingham, Alabama :: 2200 miles round-trip
Ozark Mountains Motorcycle Trip :: 1 times :: Harrison, Arkansas :: 1400 miles round-trip
MotoGP :: 2 times :: Indianapolis, Indiana :: 1200 miles round-trip
Electronic Daisy Carnival :: 1 times :: Joliet, Illinois :: 840 miles round-trip
Mid America Motorplex :: 2 times :: 780 miles round-trip
Road America :: 2 times :: Plymouth, Wisconsin :: 650 miles round-trip
Blackhawk Farms Raceway :: 4 times :: South Beloit, Illinois :: 630 miles round-trip
Brainerd International Raceway :: 17 times :: Brainerd, Minnesota :: 280 miles round-trip

iverSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:43 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Re: FS: 92 Intl Motorcycle Toy Hauler / Party Bus / RV / Cam

Some people wanted video, so I ran to the bus after work, recorded some video and quickly tossed it together and uploaded it to YouTube. I forgot to make the test stay on the screen longer, so sometimes, you have to pause if you want to read my notes... sorry. If it doesn't sell soon, I'll make a nicer/better video.

Also, I noticed the pics I posted above are getting "cropped" because they are "too big". I added some pics to the start of the video, and have more I can email if you want to see. Thanks!
Old 11-06-2014, 05:14 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Bump! The bus is listed on eBay now, but I would end the auction early if someone wanted to buy it (non-refundable PayPal deposit required). Thanks!
Old 12-08-2014, 01:04 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

For this week only, I'm willing to sell it for $3,600 cash. Looking at a new(er) Tahoe that I'd like to buy at the end of the week.

Here's the current CL post: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/c ... 19884.html