Old White Super Power school bus in SE Oregon

Selling something? Looking for something? Post it here.

Old White Super Power school bus in SE Oregon

Postby dburt » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:30 pm

This old White Super Power school bus belongs to my friend Brian in SE Oregon. His phone number is 208-741-0548 and you can call him for more information and to negotiate a price or trade for some other type of old rolling iron. He is going to keep the front bumper to put on a nice old White conventional truck he owns. This bus last ran in about 1980 when it developed a miss (probably ignition related) in the original flathead 6-cylinder engine. The owner at that time sold it to Brian and he towed it home where it has sat ever since acting as a storage shed. Someone needs to save this old bus. It is located near Ontario in SE Oregon.
MVC-020S.JPG
dburt
Almost There
Almost There

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH
Engine: 466
Rated Cap.: 64

Re: Old White Super Power school bus in SE Oregon

Postby timbuk » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:27 pm

wow that is a very neat school bus,someone hopefully will save that bus!your buddy has already saved it for almost 30 years,nice to see it still here!very rare.......
timbuk
Bus Crazy
Bus Crazy

Year: 1965
Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 350
Rated Cap.: 0

Postby Russell » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:07 am

I had one of those, fantastic old bus, mine was 55 with a 5 speed transmission and a 2 speed rear end. It didn't know what a load are a hill was, flat out all she had was 50 m.p.h. and loved petrol . But fuel wasn't but 62 cents a gallon back then.Im sure had I kept her I would have stuffed a detroit in her Wish I didnt already have a bus I would want to talk to the owner. The picture brought back some nice memorys back of my old bus the (Thunderbolt Grease Slapper) Hope somebody gets her and builds a nice skoolie. Russell
Russell
Almost There
Almost There

Year: 85
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: G.M.C. 6000 series
Engine: 366 G.M.
Rated Cap.: 60

Postby dburt » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:50 pm

Russell- I love the name you gave your old bus- "Thunderbolt grease slapper"! That is a classic!
dburt
Almost There
Almost There

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH
Engine: 466
Rated Cap.: 64

Return to Classifieds / Wish List