Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #1
Skoolie

Re: Mobile Filtration and Dewatering - Heating and Settling

Waddup man, first of all collecting grease is a pretty touchy subject these days and I know for a fact that there is no company out there that is okay with random people pumping oil out of their drums. If you don't ask the collection company before or get the grease directly from thee kitchen your asking for trouble in more and more places these days. Especially in Colorado.

Now the grease processing: No matter what equipment you buy from ultra fancy to ghetto style YOU MUST KNOW HOW TO JUDGE FUEL QUALITY! On the road filtration is an art of it's own and really the only way to know is by knowing veggie oil. The good and the bad. It's the learning curve and well worth the investment of time before killing expensive and very necessary components of your vehicle. 95% of it is making sure to pump only good, pure oil in the first place. It is possible to produce 50 gallons of fuel in 1 hour with nothing but blue jeans, a quick dumpster dive, and a funnel. Or spend $3000 on the sickest centrifuge and filter housing and put water in your IP. ITS ALL ABOUT KNOWING WHAT MAKES CLEAN OIL AND WHAT MAKES DIRTY OIL.

Do you live in Colorado? I'm up in Breckenridge and it's very cold for veggie standards so i've gone through a lot the hard way. But really you just have to start playing with it. And really the only way to sustainably collecting oil is to have an arrangement with the restaurant or legit collector. If your in Colorado you can email me, summitgreasecycling at gmail.com if you wanna know more. Anyone else for that matter.