The Washington state scoop...

Discussion about when, how to, and where to insure and register your bus.

Re: The Washington state scoop...

Postby CAMO-MONSTER » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:20 pm

thommassey wrote:Benton County < WA
Yup, did it today. No inspection required, they did not even see the bus, but had to provide notarized affidavid (their form) showing that it is NOT being used for commercial, and that it has a bed, tank (waste) and permanant cooking device.
Sales tax on what I paid for it, blah blah fees, and $360 later, new plates and registered as Motorhome... Only weird stipulation is that I am required to "display" a sign, visible to law enforcement, that it is "NOT FOR HIRE... that was it. I did it in B.C. cuz it was close... though I live in Walla Walla County... like Chamo Bus

Auto Licensing Tri-Cities
3400 W Clearwater Ave, Kennewick, WA 99336

(509) 736-3926

they never said anything about the "not for hire" to me in walla walla in the spring of 08. ohh and it is CAMO-MONSTER, and i have not lived in the walla walla area for over a year, i live in the omak, wa. area now.
CAMO-MONSTER, 454, sm465, gm t170

the BEAST, 350, 4 sm465, np205,
hd d44 4.56, eaton ff 4.56
CAMO-MONSTER
Bus Nut
Bus Nut

My Bus: CAMO-MONSTER
Year: 1974
Coachwork: CARPENTER
Chassis: GMC-6000
Engine: 454 CHEVY
Rated Cap.: 66

Postby CAMO-MONSTER » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:33 pm

dirtygoat wrote:Update... I recently got my bus titled as a motor home... Cost me $320... I did the inspection thru the state patrol on 112th and Portland in Spanaway... There was a 6 week waiting list... They wanted most things an RV has and not temp stuff like camp stove and such...

Here's the deal, you do need an inspection... If you go to one of the places that others had luck with out an inspection, DO NOT hand them your paper work and info... Find out first if they will simply change the classification and charge you a fee... If you give them info about your bus and yourself and they put it into the computer system and say you need an inspection, you're screwed... Once your in the system, your in...

I went to the dmv on Mountain Highway and 224th with all my paperwork, handed them everything and told them I needed to change the title and reclassify it as a motor home... They punchEd in all the info and I was ready to hand over some cash... Then I was told that it needed to be inspected... I tried to reason with then with no luck... Went to another dmv and there I was in the system and was told the sane thing...

Just an fyi for those trying to get this done... If I had just asked a few questions and found out the person I got wasn't gonna do it,I could have went to another one...

thats cause your on the west side of the state! and they are @$$ wholes over there

CAMO-MONSTER
Bus Nut
Bus Nut

Postby CAMO-MONSTER » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:48 pm

dirtygoat wrote:That's the mistake I made, so many others didn't have an issue and I figured it would not be a problem... If I had called around instead, I may have gotten away without an inspection... Once your in the system and there's notes you could be screwed like I was... It's all good because it done and over with now and I have all the inspection, reclassification and such paperwork in my bus folder...

well in walla walla you only have one place that you can go to and that is the county court house to transfer titles and get plates.

CAMO-MONSTER
Bus Nut
Bus Nut