Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2014, 11:16 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freight-shaker (Freightliner)
Engine: Cat 3126b 250 HP
Rated Cap: Only 1 seat
Registry in Arizona

Hi everyone. I just registered a few days ago but have been lurking the site for a long while now. I am finally taking the plunge into the Skoolie community. I have a bus lined up and its in the works to become mine this weekend, but I was curious.....

Has anyone done a conversion and title/registry in Arizona? What are the requirements? Is there an online website I can use to read up on this? If my bus has air brakes do I have to get a commercial license?

I did a search on the forums and saw a bunch of other states, but none in AZ.

I am currently working in Alabama, and may buy one in Tennessee to drive home if I can get it all to work out.

And I absolutely love all the pics and ideas and knowledge and stories and...........(sensory overload!)

Thanks in advance

-Doc

Docsgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freight-shaker (Freightliner)
Engine: Cat 3126b 250 HP
Rated Cap: Only 1 seat
Re: Registry in Arizona

Well, I didn't register it in Arizona. The great state of Alabama was kind enough to let me do it all there without being a resident. (Mom and dad have a house here so I used their address.)

A title versus VIN inspection and they took care of everything down at the tax collectors office! So now we are a legal RV per the title and have plates good until November for $300 !!!
Docsgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote