Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2014, 11:59 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Newbie got Insurance in Texas with State Farm

I called National General & they wanted 70/month. Called my State Farm Agent and got insured for $11/month. I sent in 3 pictures, VIN, Make, Model & boom. Was really easy.

DanMan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:34 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Chassis: International Amtran RE
Engine: DT466E/MD3060
Rated Cap: 78
Re: Newbie got Insurance in Texas with State Farm

wow 11.00 a month....

I would like to say the devil is in the details. Can you share some more info on it? What part of texas do you live in?
bapos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:30 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Seems insurance is getting hard to come by. I am having agents look but many seem to be hitting brick walls. Not sure who or what or how some of them are getting things in and others are not but it really is getting frustrating.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:22 AM   #4
Bus Nut

This might be an isolated incident but I had a pretty bad experience with state farm.

Talked to a local agent and was treated pretty rude but I can handle that. Long story short they would insure it but since it was an empty shell they put it as a commercial vehicle so it was close to about 500 a year. Why they did this I have no idea. On the other side since they said it was a conversion that was imcomplete that they would put full coverage on it, but I would not do that.

I have been having a real issue trying to get insurance for this thing. Ended up getting an approval with Good Sam, which is writing policies for Nation General (formerly known as GMAC). I thought that they were not writing any more but they are. THey will insure but before they did not have to go to underwriting now ever policy has to be under written.

Hope this helps. We have a thread about this in our skoolie Facebook group.