Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2013, 10:59 PM   #1
Skoolie

Farold's Adventure Number 2

Yesterday we left home and drove about 500 miles to just north of Fort Wayne, Indiana. I had a very busy tax season and ended up caring for my father from March 4th to the 27th when he passed. We had his memorial today in Waterloo, Indiana which is the area we are originally from so most of our family is here. We are going to head back to D.C. for a visit and then possibly up to Maine. I was looking at our traveled states map below when we arrived home from our last trip and noticed we have the only the North East of the country to fill up and then we can begin heading west. I wasn't planning on taking a trip this soon after tax season but since we ended up having Dad's memorial in Indiana we were already half way to D.C. and we figured we might as well keep going. So look forward to more pics of Farold and our family on adventure number 2.

travelinwithus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:31 AM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: Detroit Diesel 6-71
Re: Farold's Adventure Number 2

I'm sorry for your loss travelin, I'm glad you were able to make the journey to be with him for his last days.

Maine is a beautiful state, I hope you enjoy it there. Any idea what parts you'll be going to? I used to spend my summers in Old Orchard Beach (still my favorite to this day - not usually too jammed with tourists in the summer) and Portland. Fort William Park is nice, big open space with some little cliffs and a Lighthouse -if you're going as far as Portland, it's on the way up the coast.

Save travels!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=466562
inkblots84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:53 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: 3800 International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72

Im sorry for your loss, I hope your adventure will be fantastic, Im sure your dad will be watching over you and your family
gbstewart
Old 04-14-2013, 04:50 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Sorry to hear,have safe travels.......
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:34 AM   #5
Skoolie

Thanks guys for the thoughts,

We made it to Pennsylvania last night. We were headed to the Flight 93 Memorial but it was closed by the time we arrived. So we found a place across the road to boondock for the night. Probably the best boondocking place we have ever found. We boondocked in a small gravel parking lot for State public hunting lands. It was a very quiet night and we all slept well. Today we are headed to the Memorial and then on to Gettysburg. We also added a new function to http://travelinwithus.com. We are live streaming our trip on occasion. Unfortunately we only have 3g connection on our phones so the quality isn't the best but feel free to check it out. Just go to the site and click on watch us live. If we are broadcasting live it will state that we are live otherwise their are past videos that were recorded live. Below is a pic of our boondocking site:

Old 04-15-2013, 08:02 AM   #6
Bus Nut

Awesome........ Looking forward to the videos......
Old 04-15-2013, 08:26 AM   #7
Bus Geek

bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #8
Skoolie

A couple days ago we arrived in D.C. We are staying at the Greenbelt NP again and enjoying our stay. We will be here until Saturday and then plan to head up to Maine. Here is a pic of our site at Greenbelt NP.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #9
Bus Nut

Hey brandon......... no luck getting to the site today...any idea whats up?
Old 04-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #10
Skoolie

I have been working on it almost all day adding campground maps to the site. I got all of them added but haven't had any issues accessing it. Can you get on it now?
Old 04-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #11
Bus Nut

Yup, she's working... thanks
Old 06-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #12
Bus Crazy

I'm guessing from the signature map you didn't make it to Maine in April. I hope you do make it. It 's got many beautiful areas.
I was first brought there by friends of my parents, one of whom who grew up on riverfront land given to her family by the King of England in the 1600's. I remember watching my friend's grandfather pulling up flatfish for dinner with a hand line from a homemade boat in their cove.

My sister and her family moved to Maine years ago, and I get up there every couple of years (not enough}. My granddaughter wants to go camping there next month, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkblots84
. . . Maine is a beautiful state, I hope you enjoy it there. . . . . if you're going as far as Portland, it's on the way up the coast. . . .
I guess distance is judged by perception - I think that's like me calling Virginia Beach the Deep South (which I would not do). Portland is only 1/4 way up the coast, just 50 miles from the bridge to New Hampshire. The end of I-95 (not Key West, the other end) at the New Brunswick border is still another 250 miles away. Besides the coast, there are the White Mountains and all in between.

If you are going by in Upstate New York on I-90 or taking I-87 to Vermont, I will wave in your general direction.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote