Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1974
Coachwork: American eagle
Chassis: Silver Eagle
Engine: Screaming Jimmy 8v-71
Rated Cap: 46
1974 Silver Eagle

You may know me as the creator of the lincoln house car, The 72' motorhome, and now I recently bought a 1974 silver eagle Motorcoach. The bus is 40' and a tandem axle. 4 speed stick shift.enigne : Detroit 8v71 I think maybe it's a 92.These buses did not have power steering but turns pretty easy.Runs 75 80mph on highway. The plan with the bus was to make it into the hollywood capsule bus. meaning a bus that sleeps 30 people bunk beds 3 high length of bus on each side. Well I decided making it my motor home instead. But selling this and buying an rv was not something I wanted to do.I wanted a tour bus look to confuse people as to not be very obvious as to me living in a motorhome. it is illegal to live in a vehicle in LA..but not have a mobile office. I just happen to be in my office ofton. So here it is. I have 100 gal fresh water, 50 gal black/grey, 3 solar panels, the bed and some other furniture is from Ikea, and some from target. In love it and with i would have done this a while back. this thing rides amazing! I have a small portable camping stove to cook on using a cooler with ice to keep food for now.
</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Old 08-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Re: 1974 Silver Eagle

And now you will be hard of hear from listening to the Eagle rust!

See pics of our Eagle's Rust at aluminumasylum website under my sig once we stripped the skin off! And ours was in good shape... for an Eagle!
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
Skoolie

the guy i bought it from had the engine rebuilt the windows taken out and the skin put in etc. Siad they cleared all the rust up. I do see bit of work had been done. however they put the original windows back in and they dont seal very tight. So water over the years could have found it's way back into the framing. then agian the bus was in phoenix where there is not much moisture. It looks good to me! feels pretty solid.....Do need to change the king pins..i have never done it but need to.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornaschinske
And now you will be hard of hear from listening to the Eagle rust!

See pics of our Eagle's Rust at aluminumasylum website under my sig once we stripped the skin off! And ours was in good shape... for an Eagle!

I would say that was rusted...there is nothing like that on this coach. I don't think! But im not taking the skin off to find out! i'm goiing to have it painted and it should hold up in ca for another 20 years or i sell it
Old 08-07-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

If you notice the skin over the windows (not the fluted body skin) "rippling", you may want to sell it as fast as you can. Indicator that the frame is going. We knew when we bought about the rust problems. that is why it got stripped down to the frame. The more we stripped, the more rust we found. Finally sold the bus as scrap...

We built the food cart with the aluminum underskin from the Eagle. So we still have a "piece" of the Eagle.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote