Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: 3800 International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72
lorna, where are you?

Is it just me , or others that noticed lorna hasn't posted anything for a while?
where are you Lorna, hope you didn't end up with smitty
gbstewart

Old 10-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Just the two of us.
Re: lorna, where are you?

I've been wondering the same thing.
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: 3126

There are a few people on here that were slamming Lorna down on her post, so she decided to stop posting. One post got so bad that the mediator deleted them.

visvi Cherokee for Journey, Sounds Like Oeesha

https://thejourneyvisvi.com/

My Conversion Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=464989
wmkbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu

Isn't she in Roswell? Maybe she got abducted to outer space
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Sorry, mates, she's left the site. S'why I haven't been on either (I admit, I internet-stalk my mother).

Dog is my copilot. As I have no dog, I have no flight plan.

"If all porkchops were perfect, we wouldn't have hotdogs!" -Steven Universe
Das Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #6
Skoolie

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: Detroit Diesel 6-71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Mel
Sorry, mates, she's left the site. S'why I haven't been on either (I admit, I internet-stalk my mother).
Damn shame. Lorna is a wealth of information regarding conversion, and she seems pretty cool. I miss her posts.

And yours too Mel, you guys are great

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=466562
inkblots84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #7
Bus Nut

Engine: 3126

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkblots84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Mel
Damn shame. Lorna is a wealth of information regarding conversion, and she seems pretty cool. I miss her posts.

And yours too Mel, you guys are great
Ditto

visvi Cherokee for Journey, Sounds Like Oeesha

https://thejourneyvisvi.com/

My Conversion Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=464989
wmkbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #8
Bus Nut

Thanks, mates. I'll let her know she's missed. She got majorly sick and tired of being attacked by a couple certain someones and so she took the grown-up route and left. That kinda stress ain't worth it, so why bother? She said she'd do one last post when the bus was complete and then she'd pull everything else. So anything ya wanna keep, snap it up quick, 'cause that day is coming.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #9
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: All American RE
Engine: 8.3 Cummins

So rather than keep her posts here for others to read in the future, she wants to come back and erase everything. Huh. I thought you said she took the grown up approach. sounds like not much has changed for lorna/compassrose. Oh well.... Life goes on
syke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #10

Year: 1995
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

Quote:
Originally Posted by syke
So rather than keep her posts here for others to read in the future, she wants to come back and erase everything. Huh. I thought you said she took the grown up approach. sounds like not much has changed for lorna/compassrose. Oh well.... Life goes on

I was going to stay out of this but after this post, I will throw in my two cents. This is just plain stupid and childish. I value much of the information that she has contributed to skoolie.net, but you can't go onto a forum and talk trash and expect everyone to keep quite. She has her opinions and voices them freely. The problem is when she is challenged, she gets butthurt and gets even more shitty. She has written about burying people, obviously not alive. I commented once that a post she had written was ridiculous or outrageous. Big deal, huh? No, she had a cow. I wrote her a PM to apologize. What did I get back from her? A big fat zero. She is a thin skinned baby that does not play well with others. If she wants to take her marbles, go ahead. Don't go away mad, just go away! Enough walking on egg shells. And to think I stuck up for her when talking to a mod about a dispute. I guess some people never grow up, sheesh.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:23 PM   #11
Bus Geek

Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal
Quote:
Originally Posted by syke

I was going to stay out of this but after this post, I will throw in my two cents. This is just plain stupid and childish. I value much of the information that she has contributed to skoolie.net, but you can't go onto a forum and talk trash and expect everyone to keep quite. She has her opinions and voices them freely. The problem is when she is challenged, she gets butthurt and gets even more shitty. She has written about burying people, obviously not alive. I commented once that a post she had written was ridiculous or outrageous. Big deal, huh? No, she had a cow. I wrote her a PM to apologize. What did I get back from her? A big fat zero. She is a thin skinned baby that does not play well with others. If she wants to take her marbles, go ahead. Don't go away mad, just go away! Enough walking on egg shells. And to think I stuck up for her when talking to a mod about a dispute. I guess some people never grow up, sheesh.

I was leaving this thread alone too. However, I could not have explained the situation better than crazycal has above.

Also if you dig deep enough in internet land, Das Mel seems to be Lorna going by a different name, posing as her own daughter. Creepy as hell if you ask me.

It has been good not having to point out the flaws in Lorna's snake oil advise. Wrong and misleading information is not good to be sharing. A site like pirate 4x4 would have torn her apart years ago.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:30 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_ster

Also if you dig deep enough in internet land, Das Mel seems to be Lorna going by a different name, posing as her own daughter. Creepy as hell if you ask me.

Nat

I'm not buying it. They write totally different and Das Mel has a self deprecating humor. Even if you smoked crack with the Mayor of Toronto, you couldn't say that about Ms. L with a straight face.

As far as I'm concerned, she is welcome here but if she is going to throw a hissyfit every seven minutes and be shitty, maybe it's good that she has gone into hiding.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 11-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #13
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_ster

Nat
Is THAT what those deleted posts were about? You think I'm my Mum? ...that's kinda hurtful, thought I was more like my Dad than Mum... If I was Mum, wouldn't I slip up or summat and put in, ya know, useful information rather than my twisty-tie sense of humour? Because, dude, that's creepy as hell and I wouldn't do that. I'd rather be creepy at people in person. I can SHOW YOU (not sure just HOW, though) I ain't mein Mutter. Whether or not you'd actually believe it is entirely up to ya, not me.

Look, mates, I can understand that things got outta hand. Crap was spewed and mud was slung and it made a lot of people butthurt about it. Like Cal said, life goes on. Big whoop and alla that jazz. I look at it this way; in a hundred years it ain't agonna matter much, so why bother? No, seriously, why are you bothering?

Oi, Syke, I got the information wrong. Mum won't be deleting anything. Bad info on my part, I apologize. Pleeeeease don't haaaaate meeeeeee! I'mma be so LOOOOONELY WIT'OUT'CHA!

...wait, Lonely or Looney? I can never remember.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #14

The way I see it is everyone is welcome here and there is room many different opinions. What we don't have room for is shitty attitudes. If someone disagrees, state your case without being an asshat. If you can't handle someone challenging something that you wrote without having a meltdown, don't post here. It's a drag for everyone to deal with assholes or grown adults acting like a spoiled brat needing a serious timeout. Now lets put this behind us.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 11-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #15
Bus Nut

Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: All American RE
Engine: 8.3 Cummins

Like I said.... life goes on. Nothing to see here folks... keep moving along.
syke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:32 PM   #16
Bus Geek

Das mel is def. Not mummsy, totally different folks and "Das Mel" your avatar is hot (don't take wrong way...its a weird thing almost real...but frozen in cartoon land)

Any ways.....to each there own..and I would love to hear adventures of living in a small "C" some day

Cheers ya'll
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #17
Skoolie

Year: 1997
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 47

Last exchange I had with Lorna she made fun of my bus and called me a little boy. I miss her.

Tell us more about the small "c".
Motobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #18
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins, Allison AT1545
Rated Cap: 2

missing Lorna's post too. hope all is well

Lorna's input here was invaluable. Seeing things done her way, was very cool. agree or disagree, her opinions gave me at least a starting point in my own conversion, on darn near every single thing in the bus. her posts are the closest this forum has to conversion manual. thanks for all you do Lorna!
Old 11-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #19
Bus Geek

Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf
missing Lorna's post too.
Her posts are the closest this forum has to conversion manual.
A conversion manual of stretched, unproven, untrue, and out dated information. Only about 25% of her info had any validity to it.

I did however enjoy her posts due to her having a technological mind set. Few people have this ability. I enjoy the challenge of a good discussion with people like her. But only if they can carry it on without acting immature and taking it personal.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #20
Skoolie

Year: 1997
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 47

I don't care for her advice either, I just like the verbal abuse.
Motobus is offline   Reply With Quote