Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2014, 08:40 AM   #1

I NEED A SCHOOL BUS/NEWBIE/HELP ME

hey guys!

So this week I made the decision that after massage therapy school is over, and my daughter is a year old (which will be in Decmeber) we will be hitting the road and travelling on a school bus! I already know how to get a school bus, but I really just need people to throw ideas at me, about what to expect, how to find the best bus in my area (or not, I will travel to buy a bus), and how to fix up a bus, which I am thinking I can find most of the answers myself by flipping through the forms. Anybody out there in Chattanooga area want to meet up and talk about skoolies? I am interested. PM me!

-Olivia

kyissgoddess2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:24 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Re: I NEED A SCHOOL BUS/NEWBIE/HELP ME

There's a few buses for sale on I-24 outside of Chattanooga. Bluebirds I think. Better start looking now! It took us nearly a year to find "the one". But... we were pretty picky too! Have a grand adventure!
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=467346

www.LiveLoveTravelDream.com
White99z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:16 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Hey,
Just wanted to shoot you a message to make a connection with a fellow TN person that's also looking for a bus! Maybe we use each other as a resource and talk about different busses in the area, etc.
We also have a baby, he's 15 months now. Looking to buy a bus and head out in the spring. Would love to have a fellow skoolie member that's close by to throw ideas around with!
-Cait
Red Tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:07 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaityDid View Post
Hey,
Just wanted to shoot you a message to make a connection with a fellow TN person that's also looking for a bus! Maybe we use each other as a resource and talk about different busses in the area, etc.
We also have a baby, he's 15 months now. Looking to buy a bus and head out in the spring. Would love to have a fellow skoolie member that's close by to throw ideas around with!
-Cait
Good luck with that. This thread is years-old, man.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:04 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Shucks

Hahaha thank you for that.
That made my day.
Obviously a newbie.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaityDid View Post
Hey,
-Cait
Firststudentinc.com contact them usually list hundreds. I think they have brand new list they will send you I t. Dept. DLOW ADK Dany To Email YOU Brand New list. West of Mississippi may not have rust. Cherry pick low miles. Etc.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
66lexbigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:28 PM   #7

You're close enough to NC to at least look through what they have. I just got mine a few weeks ago. They don't have pics of the buses but both counties I went to were very helpful when I called asking about the ones they had listed.

North Carolina School Bus Surplus System
Sledford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 02:37 PM   #8

Just wanted to say hello. I'm here in TN and just joined this Community. Looking for my "home"right now and would be nice to have a "local" to bounce ideas off of.....
Geckomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:33 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks for the suggestions! Haven't thought about looking in Mississippi and haven't looked in NC busses yet. Been crushing on public surplus and govdeals. I'll check out the links!
Old 08-19-2017, 07:34 PM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

Hiya! I sent you a PM
Old 08-21-2017, 10:51 PM   #11
Almost There

Year: 2001
Chassis: GM CV 6600 I think lol
Engine: 3126 A Caterpillar AT2400
Rated Cap: 54 ps
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyissgoddess2014 View Post
hey guys!

So this week I made the decision that after massage therapy school is over, and my daughter is a year old (which will be in Decmeber) we will be hitting the road and travelling on a school bus! I already know how to get a school bus, but I really just need people to throw ideas at me, about what to expect, how to find the best bus in my area (or not, I will travel to buy a bus), and how to fix up a bus, which I am thinking I can find most of the answers myself by flipping through the forms. Anybody out there in Chattanooga area want to meet up and talk about skoolies? I am interested. PM me!

-Olivia
Wow if u in TN look out for the TN TINYHOUSE festival coming up in September, they may have a skoolie or 2, I participated the NJTINYHOUSE FESTIVAL in May in Sussex County NJ and there was anotha skoolie there completely finished. Mine is a Work In Progress (WIP). But also check out YT and I just learned about LUKE & Rachel they do builds and CONSULT (skoolie.com). Peep IG check me out Tee_Tirado
lemmeskoolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:05 PM   #12
Almost There

Year: 2001
Chassis: GM CV 6600 I think lol
Engine: 3126 A Caterpillar AT2400
Rated Cap: 54 ps
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyissgoddess2014 View Post
hey guys!

-Olivia
I watched a few yt vids on "how to buy a school bus" also if you can get the check list drivers use to inspect bus b4 taking on road as a guide as you inspect.
lemmeskoolu is offline   Reply With Quote