Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2014, 02:37 PM   #1

Skoolies in Georgia

Hey everyone - my wife and I are in the middle of hatching a plan to buy an old bus and turn it into a house/business, but it's only just now starting to materialize so I wanted to jump on here and start researching what others have done.

But I also happen to help organize an event in Atlanta called Maker Faire Atlanta that brings together anyone who makes something - artists, engineers, crafters, scientists, etc. And it gives them a place to show it off and just talk to people about it. I wanted to know if there were any Skoolies in the metro-Atlanta area that would be interested in bringing their bus to Decatur the weekend of October 4/5 to show it off to our crowd. (I'd honestly like to take a look at it for my own selfish reasons, but I think everyone in attendance would love to see it too.)

Is there a way on here to target a message to folks geographically, or would you say it's more of a "If you post it, they will come" kind of thing?

Looking forward to participate in a much bigger capacity here in the coming months - thanks!
David

dsluder13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:06 PM   #2

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
Re: Skoolies in Georgia

Welcome. I think it's more like "If you post it, they will see it" kind of thing.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:09 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 94
Coachwork: b/b
Chassis: tc2000
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 72

we have a lot of skoolis in Ga,there are the skoolie owner international with 9 member just in your area.iam in north GA along with 4 ohers

keith
keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:14 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

If you are talking about http://skoolieowners.com/ it's kinda dead there. I posted there a little then swapped computers and that is one of many bookmarks that didn't get swapped over. My new Win8 laptop is a bit uppity and doesn't even "talk" to my old WinXP desktop.

We need to get that site back talking again!
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:15 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: bluebird
Rated Cap: 72

Hey Lorna....so that's what happened to you. I posted a reply to you at skooliesInternational. com but never did hear any more from you. Yeah, the site dried up. The creator has gone by the wayside for whatever reason and people kept leaving. Too bad too cause I liked the format. I attended the one and only rally and all the buses and people that showed up were great to get to meet.

DSLUDER,,,your welcome to stop by and check out our build. Its a long way from being finished (aren't they all) and I don't think we want to go to Decatur. Clint & I have both been sick and things have not progressed as quick as we would like. We live in Gainesville about 50 miles North of ATL.
The-Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:05 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Yea,
Kinda dead there... skoolieowners.com, skoolieforum.net and travelinwithus.com........ all three dried up after Brandon left.
too bad they where good sites, good people too. A few of folks posted the build there....
Just glad Steve woke up and put Sara on to help..... She has made a world of difference here.
Thanks Sara...
Old 07-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #7
Skoolie

Haha. Thanks. My plan is to win the lottery and have bazillions of buses so that I am in possession of a mobile command center. Super weird... I'm obsessed with Skoolies.

Love this site and love the people. Period.
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote