Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2014, 10:30 AM   #1
Skoolie

Scrapping out a fleet.

Was at a local recycle place last week with a friend they had a nice diesel bus parked in the lot I gave it a quick look, 72k miles no rust no fade on the paint no clue what the year was, looked over seen one all cut up and crushed.

Asked what the buses were all about the guy said the whole bus was #7 they were sent to crush, they get the buses for what ever scrap price is they come with no title but has to be crushed cant be sold whole this is all to comply with their "grant money" the schools are getting to buy new buses.

They were sending all the tires and rims back to the school so they could be used again most I seen in the pile looked brand new to me.

They are taking the engines and the transmissions and selling them to a buyer who ships them to Mexico to be used again in their buses.

Always amazed how all these highly educated and paid school system administrators are finding "grant money" to support their spending habits, guess they dont realize the source of that money is borrowed and interest has to be paid on it, funny part is months ago reading in the local paper how the schools are in trouble because the government is cutting funding, keep spending that free grant money haha.

Anyways I thought it was a real shame I could not buy one of these buses for my next skoolie project but we can ship them out in parts to Mexico (export my tax dollars) at give away prices.... whats really sad is they could not donate the buses to another school system here in the USA that was in need of better buses that had no money guess they will just encourage them to use the "grant systems" to fund their new buses too.

hoser is offline   Reply With Quote