Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2014, 10:03 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: BlueBird
Engine: Big Block
Power inverters and electrical questions

I've reached the electrical point in my skoolie conversion, I am ready to start purchasing some much needed materials, but am still a little confused on the electrical set up that I will need. I figure that I will have 5 outlets, for small lamps, a computer, an internet hookup, a fridge/freezer (I know that I can run it a few hours a day and keep my perishables good to go and oh yeah its a mini fridge) a juicer that I use a couple times a day and maybe one or two other small items needed very little day to day. After some research I figure I will need 2000 to 3000 watt inverter, but what brand is best? and should i go higher on wattage or split it up and get several smaller watt inverters? Also, cable size will vary right? I think I will have three 12v batteries, a few solar panels as time goes on, and a hookup for rv camping and or from a house... As you can see I am little confused but have a fundamental understanding... Anyone with information would help me greatly. Thank you : )

MissJaneStrummor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:34 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown / Pusher
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Re: Power inverters and electrical questions

Start reading here

http://handybobsolar.wordpress.com/
Stu & Filo. T is offline   Reply With Quote