Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2008, 11:29 AM   #1

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward Senator?
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
40 Foot International School Bus 1992 Diesel DT466/Allison

40 Foot International School Bus 1992 Diesel DT466/Allison 545 Auto - $6999

THE FOLLOWING IS MY CRAIGSLIST LISTING:

Need transportation to Burningman? This bus is a tabla rasa for you to create a 'mobile' environment for your Burningman experience. It would be totally easy to convert this bus to run on straight or used 'waste' vegetable oil. WVO SVO diesel conversion ready.

This bus is currently in S. California 2 hours east of LA in Big Bear Lake. But I can deliver to Cupertino for $100 plus gas $$$. I will have all filters and fluids changed for the buyer by a local school district mechanic and you will be good to go. You may technically need an air brake endorsement to drive a bus with air brakes commercially, but I'm not sure and maybe for use as a motorhome its not required. Check with DMV

40 Foot International School Bus 1992 Diesel DT466 Allison 545 Automatic Transmission Rebuilt engine only has around 12K miles on it!
Hundreds of thousands of miles more to go!
New tires all around + spare tire!
2in. Square tow hitch! (5000/500 pound rated)
Air suspension! (rear) Spring front.
Air Brakes!
Air Automatic Door Opener Closer!
Spiral Stairway Entry!
Air wipers!
Powerful heaters front/middle/and rear!
3000 Watt DC to AC Converter!
3 Batteries!
Over 6 Feet of headroom down the aisle.
Bio Diesel now or Ready for Straight Vegetable Oil Conversion. SVO or WVO
10-12MPG!
Clean all around bus. Minor rust. No body Damage.
Best bus west of the Mississippi.
Ready for motorhome conversion. Seats are already removed.
Incredible amount of interior space!
All windows unbroken and functioning! Emergency windows tilt up and out and
install a window AC unit! (AC unit Included!) Rear door and side door and front door.
2 roof vents (future escape hatch to roof rack or deck or second level!)
Carpe Diem! Hit the Road! Quit your job! Possibilities are endless!

Great story. This bus faithfully carried students in Kentucky for 13 years! Then this bus was purchased by a family that lost their house during hurricane Katrina. They spent the whole summer driving across the country with the back half of the bus full of all their possessions and the front half had a hammock, beds, mini fridge, parakeet, dogs, grandma, kids, laptop, and window AC unit hanging out the window! They drove to Reno and started a new life. Before that like all school district buses it was maintained fantastically!

I've only driven this bus last year from Reno where I bought it to Big Bear Lake. It drives like a champion! Needs oil/filter change and will be ready to go anywhere! See all pics here:
http://usera.imagecave.com/jgrayson/199 ... tionalBus/

James 909 380 3976

BigBearHostel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:59 PM   #2
Bus Nut

International l Bus 1992 Diesel 4 Sale?

All this for just $1200. Where is bus located? Frank
frank-id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:56 AM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas saf-t-liner
Rated Cap: 40
Re: 40 Foot International School Bus 1992 Diesel DT466/Allison

Way to out yourself with stereotyping. What was your point? Besides the cities and gridlock traffic parts of california are stunning and can't be found anywhere else on the planet. The horizon only grows from where we see it end.
recycler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #4
Skoolie

Thanks for clearing that up vanguy67. I can see your point clearly now. Just was not sure where you were coming from on that one. I can't agree more with your synopsis on sheeple. Not sure who said it but, "we'll never be able to build ourselves out of congestion." is in my opinion key to most of the problems that have and are occurring in densly populated areas. I appreciate your frank and timely response. Sorry if I mistook your reference. This is a huge subject I would not mind expanding on if I had more time today but, I gotta catch a bus. (pun intended)
Old 12-05-2008, 11:30 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

I would MUCH rather be in Leadville lol. No harm meant Vanguy...I am from just north of you in Evansville,IN
letz4wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:24 PM   #6
Skoolie

I like the jib of your hijacked thread vanguy67! Speeks the truth straight from the marrow. I'm an independent but have leaned toward the libertarian views with a heavy slant for years. Your on point with your alludement towards the SHEEPLE taking responsibility and not just taking it. A general synaptic dulling is what has brought things to where they are in my opinion. T.V. has ripped the ingenuity from most peoples future. Ingenuity that allows us to be " smart with our money "and use it creatively to slice through the thick layer of normal. I'm sure we both realize that the junkyards are to be littered with the carcasses of the "motorhomes" that are mainly built of plastic and aren't built to last. The same ones that currently scowl as you pull through the park with the styley skoolie and then turn around and give you the thumbs up when they realize your act is tight. Not to mention the look in their eyes when you tell them you haven't hit an addiction station for the last 2000 miles. But, nay shall I say how. That would be like using a teachers addition instead of doing the work which, would lead back to that lack ingenuitive creativity spin. Yeah, sheeple arent known for being very adventurous. Without a view outside the corral who could expect more eh? This sight is deep so I"m sorry if there is already some plotting for skoolie gatherings for the next year but, if not let me be the first to suggest it. I don't have the 60grand to put towards traveling either so I propose people pose as many places as we can and just see whats most popular. Nashville makes me think you might like some good music vanguy67. Personally, I can't hear enough bluegrass in this life. So if your anywhere near I've got the second round and great seats for listening. That goes along with a great big invite for any skoolie that needs to park it in Leadvegas with a view that goes forever. Tons of tools and even access to a bus barn with a lift. Sunsets are phenom at 10,000 ft!