Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2015, 03:59 PM   #1

1986 Chevy G60 Blue Bird Heater Problems

So I am new to the Skoolie thing so bare with me. My heater (not the recirculating one) isn't working. Defrost is just blowing cold air. Wouldn't the bus be over heating of it was a broken heater core? Again go easy on me I'm doing the best I can here. Lol ... Please Help !! On another note my battery keeps going dead after it sits even for a day... Obviously have something drawing energy is there a thread you could point out to me on possible alternator upgrade and dual battery set up? Motor is the extremely under powered 366. Thank you in Advance

Vibe Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 06:33 PM   #2

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
Some buses have a valve to cut off the flow of coolant to the inside of the bus. They close the valve to keep out the heat from the coolant in the summer. Follow the hoses and see if there is a valve inline.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 03:24 PM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC 2000
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 83
Also check your coolant level. The heater cores are higher than the engine so if your coolant level drops there may still be enough to cool the engine but not enough to circulate through them.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:57 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Most modern buses have a service coolant valve. Start engine, at hi idle if possible, check all coolant hoses and follow heat path. Easy fix.
Finding any battery load or loss is also easy to fix and find. Disconnect the negative battery cable. Connect any lite between cable and ground bolt or stud. If lite is on, there is a battery voltage leak. Slowly remove all the fuses. When load loss is discovered, lite will be out. Frank in Idaho..
frank-id is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, blue bird, g60, heater