Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-21-2018, 09:48 AM   #1
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Taylor Lake Village, TX
Posts: 182
Year: 1994
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT408 6.7L L6
Rated Cap: 14
All Thomas Bus Plans found

So, I found a link to Thomas Bus Companies Floor plan & seating dimensions. Unfortunately each PDF is titled and filed after a particular quote, and not a body style... So, if someone was so inclined they could dig through the massive number of quotes, until they found one that matches the bus they were thinking of buying, and then, *blam* they'd have dimensions...

You might also find some other interesting stuff in there, if you're willing to dig.

www.thomasbusonline.com - /seats/

For example here's a full size RE.
http://www.thomasbusonline.com/seats/102000/102617.pdf
__________________
~Alf
My Build Thread!
djdalfaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:59 AM   #2
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Taylor Lake Village, TX
Posts: 182
Year: 1994
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT408 6.7L L6
Rated Cap: 14
Here's a 10 window 1000S body, which is what I'm looking at buying.
http://www.thomasbusonline.com/seats/108000/108626.pdf
__________________
~Alf
My Build Thread!
djdalfaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:01 AM   #3
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Taylor Lake Village, TX
Posts: 182
Year: 1994
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT408 6.7L L6
Rated Cap: 14
Please note... this resource is unlikely to last forever... so get them while they're available
__________________
~Alf
My Build Thread!
djdalfaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:11 PM   #4
Bus Nut
 
jjhwick119's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Frisco, Texas
Posts: 804
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: Dt466e
Rated Cap: 71
http://www.thomasbusonline.com/seats/110000/110773.pdf

this appears to late 90s 11 window like mine.
__________________
https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/n...tml#post256987
My build thread - Started 3.2.18
jjhwick119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:23 PM   #5
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Taylor Lake Village, TX
Posts: 182
Year: 1994
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT408 6.7L L6
Rated Cap: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhwick119 View Post
http://www.thomasbusonline.com/seats/110000/110773.pdf

this appears to late 90s 11 window like mine.
Does yours have the stretched first window?

I think you should be able to compare the body number on your decal. This image is for a "1110" body.
__________________
~Alf
My Build Thread!
djdalfaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:41 PM   #6
Bus Nut
 
jjhwick119's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Frisco, Texas
Posts: 804
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: Dt466e
Rated Cap: 71
Yes, i have the stretched front window. I don't know how to find my bus body number

edit - I'm already halfway through my build, but it's still a cool thing to have. And, you have a perfect stencil of your bus. Pretty cool if you want to make any graphics and designing paint jobs as well as getting the dimensions
__________________
https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/n...tml#post256987
My build thread - Started 3.2.18
jjhwick119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 06:34 PM   #7
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Taylor Lake Village, TX
Posts: 182
Year: 1994
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT408 6.7L L6
Rated Cap: 14
At the bottom of the sticker it says
BODY ID: 35904-9622099-C-1000S
96 is the year,
The 1000 is the body type.
IDK what the rest is
__________________
~Alf
My Build Thread!
djdalfaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 06:46 PM   #8
Bus Nut
 
jjhwick119's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Frisco, Texas
Posts: 804
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: Dt466e
Rated Cap: 71
Okay, cool. Thank you for that. I'll check next time I'm at the bus.

Thank you for the resource! Takes some digging, but will be helpful for anyone making their plans
__________________
https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/n...tml#post256987
My build thread - Started 3.2.18
jjhwick119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:35 PM   #9
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Owasso, OK
Posts: 2,627
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
Thomas describe their bodies by "body section".

So a bus with 14 windows would be "1400", with 11 windows it would be "1100". Each body section has one window.

Their rear engine buses have extra body behind the last window, and that is described in inches.

So ... my 14 window bus would be "1400", but it has an additional 10 inches at the rear so it is 14 + 10", or "1410".

The body ID is a different number. Each bus has a unique identifier.
__________________
Steve Bracken

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:36 PM   #10
Bus Nut
 
jjhwick119's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Frisco, Texas
Posts: 804
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: Dt466e
Rated Cap: 71
Ok, sweet. I have 11 windows with the extra row behind, so I found the right one.
__________________
https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/n...tml#post256987
My build thread - Started 3.2.18
jjhwick119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 03:35 PM   #11
Skoolie
 
Sasquatters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 234
Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas EF
Engine: Cat 3126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg View Post
Thomas describe their bodies by "body section".

So a bus with 14 windows would be "1400", with 11 windows it would be "1100". Each body section has one window.

Their rear engine buses have extra body behind the last window, and that is described in inches.

So ... my 14 window bus would be "1400", but it has an additional 10 inches at the rear so it is 14 + 10", or "1410".

The body ID is a different number. Each bus has a unique identifier.
What is DWG No? Seems as though they are all catagorized under that rather than by window/length/flat nose/dog nose.


Thanks!
__________________
Our Blog | Facebook | Instagram
Sasquatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 04:48 PM   #12
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Taylor Lake Village, TX
Posts: 182
Year: 1994
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT408 6.7L L6
Rated Cap: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatters View Post
What is DWG No? Seems as though they are all catagorized under that rather than by window/length/flat nose/dog nose.


Thanks!

Yeah, they are categorized by quote number. There is no quick way to find what you are looking for unless someone has already found it!
__________________
~Alf
My Build Thread!
djdalfaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 04:49 PM   #13
Skoolie
 
Sasquatters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 234
Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas EF
Engine: Cat 3126
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdalfaro View Post
Yeah, they are categorized by quote number. There is no quick way to find what you are looking for unless someone has already found it!


In what way do you think would be best or organize them? This is going to take 10s of hours and I only want to do it once.
__________________
Our Blog | Facebook | Instagram
Sasquatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:02 AM   #14
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Taylor Lake Village, TX
Posts: 182
Year: 1994
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT408 6.7L L6
Rated Cap: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatters View Post
In what way do you think would be best or organize them? This is going to take 10s of hours and I only want to do it once.
So first I see from your signature that you have a 2003 EF. I'm guessing that you have 14 windows from what you said earlier. Lucky for you, from what I've seen the majority of quotes are after 99. I don't know what body style you have. Earlier in the thread I posted a picture of what I believe is probably the easiest way to get the body style.

Just open up a folder and open up a file, and look at the date printed in the lower right hand corner in the "DRN." block. If it's too early, try a folder with a larger number, if it's too late, try a folder with a smaller number.

After that, if you know what you body style you have, instead of counting the windows in the pdf, just scroll down to the details block and it says "Body 1418" or whatever,

Alternatively, if you post your body ID, someone else might come across it and post a link.

Here's an example,
http://www.thomasbusonline.com/seats/212000/212023.pdf
This is a 2003 MVP-EF 1418N body.
__________________
~Alf
My Build Thread!
djdalfaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:49 PM   #15
Bus Geek
 
brokedown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Posts: 2,688
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
I dug through this for a little bit and wow its not easy to find anything!
__________________
Keep up with us and our build!
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter
brokedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 01:07 PM   #16
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Taylor Lake Village, TX
Posts: 182
Year: 1994
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT408 6.7L L6
Rated Cap: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokedown View Post
I dug through this for a little bit and wow its not easy to find anything!
This is correct. But it does give a nice drawing to help design with if/when you do find it.
__________________
~Alf
My Build Thread!
djdalfaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:48 AM   #17
Skoolie
 
Sasquatters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 234
Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas EF
Engine: Cat 3126
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdalfaro View Post
So first I see from your signature that you have a 2003 EF. I'm guessing that you have 14 windows from what you said earlier. Lucky for you, from what I've seen the majority of quotes are after 99. I don't know what body style you have. Earlier in the thread I posted a picture of what I believe is probably the easiest way to get the body style.

Just open up a folder and open up a file, and look at the date printed in the lower right hand corner in the "DRN." block. If it's too early, try a folder with a larger number, if it's too late, try a folder with a smaller number.

After that, if you know what you body style you have, instead of counting the windows in the pdf, just scroll down to the details block and it says "Body 1418" or whatever,

Alternatively, if you post your body ID, someone else might come across it and post a link.

Here's an example,
http://www.thomasbusonline.com/seats/212000/212023.pdf
This is a 2003 MVP-EF 1418N body.



I am not trying to find ours. I downloaded them ALL and I want to organize them nicely and host them on our website so that it is easier to find what people are looking for. I am asking, what is the best way to categorize these.
__________________
Our Blog | Facebook | Instagram
Sasquatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:28 AM   #18
Bus Geek
 
brokedown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Posts: 2,688
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
The body id is the part you want to index by. I was thinking about trying to catalog them using ocr but if you beat me to it then that's less work for me!
__________________
Keep up with us and our build!
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter
brokedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:30 AM   #19
Skoolie
 
Sasquatters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 234
Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas EF
Engine: Cat 3126
I was thinking along the lines of window number, wheel chair access, dognose/flatnose, etc. maybe I won't do it. This seems complicated and I'm quite busy.
__________________
Our Blog | Facebook | Instagram
Sasquatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:14 PM   #20
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Biggest Little City
Posts: 30
Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford E450
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Found the needle in the haystack!!!

for anyone else that has a 2003 E-450 with 051MS body (5 window with handicap access on passenger side) the plan is

http://www.thomasbusonline.com/seats/211000/211187.pdf

2planker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×