Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2015, 10:11 AM   #1

Child Reminder System

I'm just starting out and need to know how to disable the child reminder system on my '94 Vista International shortbus.

I thought I had it figured out and removed the turnoff mechanism from the back only to find out that I didn't successfully deactivate the system. Has anyone taken their CRS system out of their bus and if so where should I be looking?

asittner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:30 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

In new buses the switch to turn off permanently the No Child Left Behind Switch is built into the computer and requires hooking up to a dealer tech's black box.

The age of your bus suggests an aftermarket or home built system that is not built into the bus's computer system.

You should be able to trace the wiring from the back up to the front to determine where in the harness it is getting power and where the lockouts are hooked into the bus.

It is all fairly simple and not any different than a park/neutral safety switch for the lock out. For the buzzer/alarm there needs to a timer built into the circuit. All of which have to receive power from somewhere that is independent of any other systems and remains hot when the key is turned off.

Good luck.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote