Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-10-2018, 11:29 AM   #191
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 3
Our floor plan 40" Thomas

So this is what we've come up with so far. 3 Kids, so two bunks, one over a dresser of storage, etc. The front third of the bus is still up in the air, kinda depends on how much space is left. We don't have our bus back from the initial exam at the mechanic, so when we get in there to tape everything off, we'll adjust the front. Basically, with 3 kids we need separate areas to hang, and want our bed far away from their beds.
Attached Images
File Type: png floorplan.PNG (131.0 KB, 95 views)
Courtlynn30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:06 AM   #192
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 39
Ok so I was playing in Paint (Yes scale is off LOL) but this is what we're looking at doing.
Attached Images
File Type: png Our BUS.png (18.1 KB, 57 views)
navonifamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:34 PM   #193
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Tahoe
Posts: 513
Year: 1997
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 3000RE
Engine: T444E w/ MT643
Rated Cap: 84 pass, 40'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtlynn30 View Post
So this is what we've come up with so far. 3 Kids, so two bunks, one over a dresser of storage, etc. The front third of the bus is still up in the air, kinda depends on how much space is left. We don't have our bus back from the initial exam at the mechanic, so when we get in there to tape everything off, we'll adjust the front. Basically, with 3 kids we need separate areas to hang, and want our bed far away from their beds.
It looks like your kitchen is next to your bedroom which has zero room besides the bed. Does this mean you are going to get dressed in the kitchen?
__________________
middle aged mom on a learning adventure
2martins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:50 PM   #194
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 3,459
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by navonifamily View Post
Ok so I was playing in Paint (Yes scale is off LOL) but this is what we're looking at doing.
I see your measurements show an 8' width, is yours actually 8' or 7.5' like most of them. That 6" adds up pretty quick on a floor plan
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:34 PM   #195
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2martins View Post
It looks like your kitchen is next to your bedroom which has zero room besides the bed. Does this mean you are going to get dressed in the kitchen?
There is a dresser planned for under one of the bunks. We are all perfectly fine walking around in pj's in our home now, so grabbing clothes from the dresser and going to the shower or toilet to change would be just fine with us. I may put some shelves and basket in the bedroom on one of the walls for things like sweatshirts and socks/slippers.
Courtlynn30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:20 PM   #196
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
I see your measurements show an 8' width, is yours actually 8' or 7.5' like most of them. That 6" adds up pretty quick on a floor plan
The '04 we are looking at I was told was 8' but I don't know for sure till we get back to MI. Right now it's build a plan cause in 1-2 months we need to buy to start our build.
navonifamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:42 AM   #197
Bus Geek
 
Brewerbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Essex, MD
Posts: 3,136
Year: 1999
Chassis: Blue Bird TC RE 3904, Flat Nose, 40', 277" wh base
Engine: 8.3L Cummins ISC 260hp, AT643, 4.44 rear
Rated Cap: 84 pax or 1 RV; 33,000lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by navonifamily View Post
The '04 we are looking at I was told was 8' but I don't know for sure till we get back to MI. Right now it's build a plan cause in 1-2 months we need to buy to start our build.
Plan on 7 1/2' then. Someone lied to you. I don't believe there are any that are 8 feet wide on the exterior. Maybe the coach buses but I'm not sure even those are 8' interior.
Brewerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 04:36 PM   #198
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 13
My class A RV is 8'6" out, 8'0" inside. Wide Bodies are the exception, not the rule. Bet on 7'6"
cwol97401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:43 PM   #199
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 39
Thanks for the feed back on space. That helps alot on drawing things out.
navonifamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:47 AM   #200
Mini-Skoolie
 
gypsyfiredance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: California
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtd View Post
Amen.

For 3-D you can make simple mock-ups from cardboard found in the 'cardboard only' dumpsters behind most stores (at least here in CA). A few minutes with a box cutter, a roll of masking tape and a few boxes can tell you a lot about your layout.

Tom
What a great idea!
gypsyfiredance is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for Floor Plans Belchfire Conversion General Discussions 3 12-06-2014 07:45 AM
Floor plans Skip Conversion General Discussions 5 12-31-2013 09:07 PM
Floor plans Please? Telestar Conversion General Discussions 7 04-06-2005 12:45 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.