Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2015, 08:39 PM   #21
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: bluebird
Rated Cap: 72
Bansil....will do once he gets around to it or should I say we either move into the bus or the propane here at the house runs out (sitting at 10% right now). He still cooks everything on the stove and hasn't even tried the burner out yet. I haven't used anything but since we got it. The same with the oven.

Nat...I hear what you are saying, but I was around metal for 27 years and I want things with a little moe charm than a square metal object. I too, want as much of the old stuff I've been using that in my opinion is put together much better than the sh-- they sell now. I want real wood not pressed wood and I want it to have a presence that you can't get from metal boxes.

That's what it so cool about this site...every conversion is different and represents the individuals taste.

The-Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:37 PM   #22
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: bluebird
Rated Cap: 72
A couple of days ago I mentioned to Clint that I posted a comment about having him frying chicken on the Nuwave cooktop on the 36" high island. He just smiled and didn't comment.

I mentioned that while a friend was in the area for a few weeks maybe he could help lay the island on its side so he could cut it down.

Today, I heard him on the phone asking our friend to stop over for a few minutes to help him lay it down. I walked in the bus to empty the drawers out of the island, they are my storage for tools and small parts only to see that he had already done so.

Next thing I know the island on it's side and lo and behold, the kickplate was only held on with angle brackets and with the kickplate only being 5 inches high he decided to just remove the brackets and stand it back up to see how that height would be. He mentioned that his electric drill was at work and it would have to wait till tomorrow. I mentioned that since I only had a maual screwdriver degree and haven't quite got my electric drill degree yet that I could possibly remove the brackets with my manual screwdriver.

After a good chuckle all around he got the kickplate off and the island stood back up. I kind of miss the height to lean onto but the now 31" height is perfect for a work and cook space. After sitting around he noticed that the kitchen chairs seemed to be the perfect height to maybe use this counter as a kitchen table also. We tried them out and are content with adding one more chair cushion on top of what's allready on them and that they would be perfect.

This will free up the corner where our table was going to go for us to put in this antique trunk I really wanted to take. I have a new set of cushions that I had extra and wasn't able to take back that will fit perfectly on the trunk, giving us another seat in the living area and a tons of storage in the trunk.

I am so excited and promise to send pictures when we get it all together.
The-Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:57 AM   #23
Bus Geek

Give it time and everything works out
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:11 AM   #24
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Breeze View Post
I mentioned that since I only had a maual screwdriver degree and haven't quite got my electric drill degree yet that I could possibly remove the brackets with my manual screwdriver.
Awesome comeback! - I must remember this!