Originally Posted by The-Breeze
No wood in a floor to rot for me. Did you all not learn from the plywood you pulled out of the bus?
I understand the point your trying to make....but then again how many years has that plywood been down. Ours was down for 23 years before we pulled it up and there wasn't any that was rotted.
Chances are good that we will either be dead or no longer in the bus in 2038 and if history repeats itself the wood we be still good when the next owner pulls it up to look for rust.
True, in your case.
This is again a case of we all have different needs.
However, around 90% of the floors pulled on this site are rotted, have have held moisture that has caused damage to the steel floor.
Now, around 80% of you may treat you bus as a sock feet environment, the other 20% of us need real tough flooring, and a subfloor base that is not affected by the continuous introduction of moisture from our boots.
Now with the thought that the bus may only be a sock feet environment may give the impression that no water will enter on feet. Unfortunately there is a good chance water will still leak into your bus from the outside, the internal plumbing, or spillage from the shower, ect.
In my life style, I don't take my boots off all day once I put them on in the morning. My home must be able to take that harsh wear and tear.
In a house, this would be porcelain tile. In a bus like this, that's not practical, so my vinyl plank is next best.
Rotted wood in kitchens and bathrooms of places I have rented for insane amounts of money is one of the leading factors that drove me to building a bus.
IMO wood does not belong in wet environments.