Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2017, 03:25 AM   #1
Bus Nut

For those without the power to run tools.

Ok my property is waterless and powerless. Here's my solution until I can remedy that.
I bought that tailgator genny at HF 900 surge 800 running. I bought it way before thinking bout a skoolie. Its run my lappy and a fan during power failures. Also a 2/10/50 charger. So I figure don't carry the steel home and cut it. Do it out there with the genny and the circular saw. Well the saw did it but had to let it get started and come up to speed. But not complaining cause it does run the hand grinder for the seat bolts, charger for cordless tools, and a drop light. :Smurf happy dance:
Guess what appliance it won't run? A frackin coffeemaker. Lugs down but last winter's snow outage I managed to plug and unplug till it made an entire pot which I shared with my neighbor ,before plugging up the laptop to watch DVDs. Only problem in 8 yrs is cleaning the jet in the carb a few times. If it blows up tomorrow tell HF to set one on the counter ill pick it up in an hour and 15.
For water, I need to wash my hands before coming home. I went to local floor chemical place bought an unused 5 gal water jug and the screw in faucet hang the faucet over the bed of pu and rinse hands off.
Genny is now$109 I pd 89- jug and faucet was $18

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

golfersmurf57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 08:31 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
You do realize the coffeemaker is likely 1500watts.
No freaking wonder that genny won't do it..
Bad wells here due to blasting so we have a trailer with 300 gallon tank for the bus feed. Looks like a cube with a valve at the bottom. Used for institutional purpose originally, hospital supplies. Around 200 bucks but a lifesaver. Costs 4 bucks to fill it at a local pumphouse.

John