Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2017, 11:20 PM   #1

Help me inspect a possible new to me bus?

Are any of you from South Dakota? I live in Sioux Falls and could potentially need a hand in the very near future when I go to buy a bus that's in Iowa! I'm really nervous and am scared that the deal may be too good to be true. so if anyone would be willing to volunteer a couple hours on a weekend or on a week night some time I'd really be grateful.

Yokel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:30 AM   #2
Bus Nut

You can do it all.
1. Tires. You can buy a bus for the same money with nearly new tires vs 10 yr old tires. Look at the side walls. Get the codes so you can tell how old the tires are. Nice deep tread can be deiciving. Get down on the ground and look at the inner side if the tires for cuts etc. While you are under there look at the exhaust and look for rust especially under the wheel wells. Crawl to the right side of the tranny and read the tag to see what tranny it is.

Others will add to this hopefully. We really need a stick for this type question.

1998 Ford B700 Thomas body 65 passenger. 5.9 Cummins 12 valve with MT643 Transmission 123,000 miles.
Versatile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:50 AM   #3
Bus Nut

What engine?
Air brakes?
Ask for maintenance records
Need some more info

Do the basics
Seriousracer is offline   Reply With Quote