Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2019, 09:38 PM   #1

Help with a bus errr motorhome.

So I haven't been on here in quite some time, originally I was converting a bus but it was going to cost more than I make in a year quite literally, I am unemployed so anyways enough about that. Anyways I have a motorhome instead runs good only 77k miles, well the cab over had extensive water damage and I ripped the thing off, cut would be a better word for it.

So I am making it flat on the front and I have a slight dilemma I am trying to seal the corners up but I don't have any molding or metal to make molding out of. I tried with aluminum flashing and it just crinkled up a bit because I didn't bend it at the center so it turned out like crap, I put a bunch of caulking behind it to seal it up and I was going to put some caulking on the screws I put in and we'll it just looked like crap since the metal wasn't flush in some spots due to not being bent in the center. Anywho now I have an idea to repair it by spraying a thick coating of Flex seal or substitute onto the corners to seal it up. If anyone has another way that would be better or if they think that would work let me know I will enclose a picture of what I am working with.
Attached Thumbnails
20190902_200706.jpg   20190902_200718.jpg  

ZombieBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 10:04 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
You can make a Brake with 2 lengths of 2x4's screwed together with the sheet sandwiched in between to get a straight brake.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote