Old 03-24-2014, 12:16 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Home Built Slide Outs.

I will be composing a list of my favorite slideouts I have found across the internet.

This will be updated overtime. I will add additional info to the original post, then bump it back to the top.

You tube video of a nice home made slide in action.

This video shows how the bottom storage boxes finish everything off.

Rocky's legendary F700 4x4 build on pirate 4x4 utilizes a home made slide mechanism. The slide out part starts here on page 7, post 156.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/expediti ... per-7.html

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:32 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown / Pusher
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Re: Home Built Slide Outs.

How do you find time to accomplish all this & work on your bus, don't get me wrong i appreciate the information, Stuart
Stu & Filo. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:45 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by allwthrrider
How do you find time to accomplish all this & work on your bus, don't get me wrong i appreciate the information, Stuart
have you seen his bus?

J/K Nat

I like how he is adding all the tid-bits and such
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:31 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72

Bump

I posted Rocky's F700 4x4 slide out in the list at the top.

Quote:
How do you find time to accomplish all this & work on your bus, don't get me wrong I appreciate the information, Stuart
I don't watch TV. After work is done for the day, I unwind by reading, learning, and passing it on. For me the internet is my library, and I go to my library every night.

Sometimes when I got my helpers busy on something that will take awhile, I hide in my truck and check the forums on my work laptop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansil
Quote:
have you seen his bus?

J/K Nat

Yes both of my buses are completely apart right now. They are a blank canvas with 99% of the demo done. Next, they both need paint and the rust proofing done. We got another cold snap that will be here a few more weeks.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:00 AM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown / Pusher
Engine: 8.3 Cummins

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_ster
Bump

I posted Rocky's F700 4x4 slide out in the list at the top.

Quote:
How do you find time to accomplish all this & work on your bus, don't get me wrong I appreciate the information, Stuart
I don't watch TV. After work is done for the day, I unwind by reading, learning, and passing it on. For me the internet is my library, and I go to my library every night.

Sometimes when I got my helpers busy on something that will take awhile, I hide in my truck and check the forums on my work laptop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansil
Quote:
have you seen his bus?

J/K Nat

Yes both of my buses are completely apart right now. They are a blank canvas with 99% of the demo done. Next, they both need paint and the rust proofing done. We got another cold snap that will be here a few more weeks.

Nat
I know, just when I get the canvases off their calling for another full week of rain, so know it's recovered & waiting
Stu & Filo. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:45 PM   #6

Newbe here. My husband and I are talking about how to build our first skoolie and I was thinking about doing a slide UP. My idea was to add 2' to the top of the bus with another 2' slide up for the beds. Kind of like this (http://www.jokeroo.com/pictures/travel/1078338.html) but less elaborate. I have seen where people have done second stories from wood, but that seems a bit bulky and not very fuel efficient. Any advice?

edited by Bansil
Katcann88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:07 PM   #7
r_w
Skoolie

I like that slide UP. It can be done, been done in travel trailers for a long time (like since the turn of the LAST century). But it is really hard to do it so it is airtight and strong. I thought about one that is above the existing roof and only puts beds there. Basically leave the factory cage intact and access the bunks through an emergency hatch. But then the kids can't sleep on the road (which is a big deal for me) and you don't actually feel bigger while living in the space.
r_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:21 PM   #8
Site Team

If I could sleep on the rear package tray of a station wagon, doing 60 mph down the road....just saying ...kids are not brought up like they use to be, all this safety stuff, no lead paint, no BB guns, yard darts were actually fairly safe so what is wrong with top of the roof of a moving bus
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:02 PM   #9
Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Super Coach II, 36 Ft. RE
Engine: Cat 3208T, MT643

Somewhere on this forum (couldn't find it) there's a skoolie with a tent trailer (minus the trailer) mounted on top towards the back. They called it their VIP lounge or some such like that. That added sleeping for six and only about two feet (un-deployed) to the total height of the bus. Ladder access.

Children drink kOOlaid, adults drink T.E.A.

Gallery: http://www.skoolie.net/gallery/v/Skooli ... +Coach+II/
Locutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:01 AM   #10

Lol, Bansil. I have seen the bus where they added the pop-up camper to the top, and we liked the idea, but we would be out west in the winter and I thought that it might be too hard to keep warm. I got a local welder on the phone the other day and he was interested enough to invite us over to discuss a few ideas. fingers crossed!
Katcann88 is offline   Reply With Quote