Old 07-16-2007, 11:40 AM   #11
Re: how to Cut out the FLASHER RELAY IN THE RED LIGHT.

In Illinois, any lights above 48" from the ground have to be covered while on the roadway.
95 IH 72 passenger transit school bus w/ DT466 and 545 Allison.
79 IH Scout II/392 (0.030 over) Hamilton Injected/727/D300/Full size axles/36" Swampers/Lockers/OBA/38 gal Custom fuel tank, roll bar, tube doors.
eggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:00 PM   #12
Year: 1993
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: MPV
Engine: Cat 3116 250
Rated Cap: 90
Send a message via MSN to Grizzers Send a message via Yahoo to Grizzers

I plan to wire my flashing lights in the reat to my brake and turn signal lights as well as the amber ones in the front for turn signals. The red ones, I was planning on putting somesort of carriage lamp or old ship navigation lights (for show) the red on the left and green on the right. I even thought of putting a rotating beacon (amber) on the top as a Submarine Identification Light and painting my bus flat black. I just don't think that I could convince the Hwy Patrol that my monster is a submarine.

1993 Thomas Safe T Liner MPVRE
Cat 3116-250
Grizzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:50 PM   #13
Bus Nut
Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH S1723
Engine: IH V345 Gas V8
Rated Cap: 66

Originally Posted by Grizzers
. . . I just don't think that I could convince the Hwy Patrol that my monster is a submarine.tom
Sure ya can! Just leave it yellow, add a periscope (make from PVC pipe), replace the windows with (or frame to look like) round portholes, add silhouettes of John, Paul, George & Ringo in selected portholes. If pulled over, ensure dive / surface claxon sounds and use a PA system to broadcast crew instructions / appropriate sound effects as he approaches.

Too bad ya don't have a jacuzzi like Lapeer, you could blow the water like you're surfacing. . .just wait until he's walking up to the sub (spelled backwards is bus) to blow out the bilges! Make sure your stereo is blasting Sgt. Pepper music!

If he still wants to ticket ya, just call him a local Yoko (as opposed to yokel).

If ya still want to paint it gray, add a couple missile silo lids on top and nuclear warning signs instead of Beatles silhouettes in the portholes. Large diameter PVC pipe could be made to look like torpedo tubes, front and rear. Add servo controlled lids and watch his eyes open as wide as the torpedo tubes while they're opening (along with all the appropriate sound effects over PA system)!

OK, I'm having too much fun here with the prescription drugs they gave me after surgery, I better stop now. Man, there's just so-o-o-o-o much fun stuff you can do with a bus!
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote