Old 08-14-2016, 06:40 PM   #11

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Transitliner
Engine: Caterpillar 3116
Rated Cap: 44 Passenger
Same system, missing relay

I have a 93 transit liner and I disconnected all the exit alarms so now I have the same problem. Everything seems to be the same system except I can't locate the relay that needs to be bypassed. I have the same ignition, same buzzer, same wiring box, but there isn't a relay anywhere I can find.
homeintransit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 11:22 AM   #12
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466E International
Rated Cap: 72
All I can say is that if disconnecting the exits resulted in the bus not starting, there's a relay somewhere. Follow the wires until you find it, because you have to disconnect it to get your bus to start again. If the bus is starting, then you're right, there isn't a relay to remove. Good luck!
VeldatheWonderbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:39 PM   #13
Mini-Skoolie

Engine: DT530
Rated Cap: 84
I am now having this problem. I think it is the interlock, but can't be sure because I don't recall disconnecting any exits to cause the problem. We were taking out wall panels though and who knows, maybe my old man cut a wire someplace.... I did figure a temporary work around that may help anyone in the same boat as me.

I have a rear engine bus that can start at the the engine in the back. It seems unaffected by the interlock (if that is indeed the problem) but this does not let me drive. After some trial and error I figured out if I first put a key in the ignition up front in the "on" (not start) position then that gives me juice to the electric system so stuff like the lights accelerator pedal all work. Then I go to the back and fire up the engine. Voila, I can drive.

Now to figure out the ignition thing. I'm way out of my element with this electric stuff. ��
Bus Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 06:46 AM   #14
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Chassis: thomas
Engine: 8.3 cummins
Rated Cap: 11 window
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bus Driver View Post
I am now having this problem. I think it is the interlock, but can't be sure because I don't recall disconnecting any exits to cause the problem. We were taking out wall panels though and who knows, maybe my old man cut a wire someplace.... I did figure a temporary work around that may help anyone in the same boat as me.

I have a rear engine bus that can start at the the engine in the back. It seems unaffected by the interlock (if that is indeed the problem) but this does not let me drive. After some trial and error I figured out if I first put a key in the ignition up front in the "on" (not start) position then that gives me juice to the electric system so stuff like the lights accelerator pedal all work. Then I go to the back and fire up the engine. Voila, I can drive.

Now to figure out the ignition thing. I'm way out of my element with this electric stuff. ��
if you have locks on your side door or rear window unlock them. that will kill the bus also. the kids need a way out and the over night locks have to be in the open position. good luck
Old 10-11-2016, 07:39 AM   #15
Mini-Skoolie

Engine: DT530
Rated Cap: 84
Yeah, those were the first things I checked. I learned about that quickly after I first got the bus. "Oh nice, this locks..." then the loud buzzing and no starting. After that it just stayed unlocked

The door/window is not locked. Bus won't start, but there is no buzzing alarm either. I'm not sure if that is significant for trouble shooting?
Bus Driver is offline   Reply With Quote