Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2016, 04:11 PM   #41
Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444e
Rated Cap: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by family wagon View Post
Supposing you want the drum standing upright, conventional water heater earthquake strap seem like a fine option. Or E-track with nylon straps.
Oooohh... earthquake straps? I didn't know that was a thing! Looking into it now, thanks!

rjnye79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:44 PM   #42
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
we use earthquake straps on equipment racks in california... while ive never see none tested it sure seems like it is pretty strong... thoiugh the forces in a crash are extreme too...
-Christopher
cadillackid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 08:05 AM   #43
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_SwiftFur View Post
I would Absolutely *NOT*, under any circumstances, weld brackets to the frame rails. Drill holes in the "sides" and you should be fine. Do *NOT* make holes in the "tops" and "Bottoms" of the frame rails (The flanges).

Highly paid and well funded engineers worked this out for you already, just use some recycled round fuel tank brackets and bolt 'em to the sides of the frame and you're good to go.
So I have some tank mounting brackets but they don't wrap completely around the tank so I wouldn't be able to bolt both ends to the same frame rail and I don't see anything other than the frame rail I can bolt to. It would be nice if I could put it between the frame rails but the under bus storage makes that impossible. So if I just had longer straps could I then secure the tank by wrapping the straps around the tank completely and having both ends of each strap attach to the same side or face of the frame rail?
EricW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 01:22 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltruckman View Post
Here is a side view of the rear tank.

Bill michigan
What did you use to insulate this ? Have you tested it through winter/fall or below freezing temps with the external mounting of the fresh water tank (idk where you’re located, could be the desert ;) )
Gazozac is offline   Reply With Quote