Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2007, 09:51 AM   #1

I need to build a bunk bed in my 82 Superior.

I need help with some ideas on how to make a bunk bed in my 82 Superior. Any suggestions would be appreciated.....

Old 03-03-2007, 08:10 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
I don't have many good pictures, but I can describe how mine are built. The vertical legs on the aisle side are toe-screwed into the floor. They are also attached to the walls, but that's more to stiffen the walls than the beds. On the wall side they are anchored to the seat rail. It is really solid! There are crossbraces everywhere between members. I think every node has atleast 3 members connecting to it. The most important thing we found was to have things interlock. Notching the wood is a pain, but it makes everything stronger. Also, there are 5 total crossmembers under the bunks to give them some strength. The plywood really just keeps the mattresses sitting nice and level, but doesn't do much to actually support the weight.

Like I said...I didn't take many pictures, but scattered throughout this album you might find something of use to you.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/the_ex...189re2&.src=ph
Old 05-19-2007, 09:15 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Hi Pablo,
I love the bunks. Where did you buy the cots you used. Did you just use the "tarp" part and the springs. This would be a great way to build folding bunks.
Brad
bdavis441 is offline   Reply With Quote