Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2017, 07:32 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Interior builds framing / walls / drawers / bed frames...

Not seeing much on this topic as most folks just use standard home framing and building methods inside of skoolies. I’m looking to hopefully make it easier to do the conversion with minimal tools, material, and hardware.

I attended the 2015 Solar Decathlon in Irvine CA. (yes, I’m going to the 2017 one in Denver.) https://www.solardecathlon.gov/2015/ Every team there did an amazing job on their entries. I got a lot of inspiration for my future build from them.

There was one in particular that had a framing / cabinets / drawer / furniture / airflow diversion systems that would work perfect inside of a skoolie. My goal is to use “Indigo Pine” as a template for my skoolie interior build.

Here is a link to Clemson University team "Indigo Pine”
https://www.solardecathlon.gov/2015/...m-clemson.html

Here is an excerpt from the site:
“Indigo Pine focuses attention on its common space to promote interaction and community.
The innovative Sim[PLY] structural system, coupled with simple finishes and systems, enables an average person to construct the house by using only hand-powered tools,.
Interior cabinets, which serve as partitions, optimize space within the house by increasing storage.”

On this thread please share your outside of the normal interior and explain the benefits.

LincolnEcho is offline   Reply With Quote