Dear Skoolie enthusiasts,
I thought it might be helpful to delineate the basics steps to starting a Skoolie conversion.
Let's assume that the vehicle itself is in good condition to operate.
I will write a list of what I am guessing needs to happen for the interior, just to prepare a nice hull to then continue adding whatever your specific needs are.
Please respond by adding details you think are important, or generating your own list of steps.
From what I understand:
1. Remove seats, strip down flooring to bare surface. Sand out any rust or uneven spots. Use a sealer to seal up any places moisture could enter.
2. Frame in floor to fit insulation, add foamboard insulation
3. Screw down plywood on top of that
4. Lay flooring down on top of plywood
1. Remove walls, use a sealer to lock out moisture.
2. Insulate with spray foam insulation or foam board
3. Cover with...
1. Same story as the walls?
As you can see, I am unclear on the process and a basic step-by-step tutorial to prepare the "hull" (including any materials or tools that are necessary) would be super helpful at this point!!