Old 07-25-2007, 06:16 PM   #11
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Re: invertor theory 101 teach the new kid in cool skool

I have a handle on the engiuneering portion of things on the suspension thankfully. I think the biggest advantage is that an airspring isn't progressive in nature (as long as it's a cylindrical bag and not a cone shape) whereas our leaf springs are very much progressive and very harsh. I'd love to ditch them. Alas, that is not in the plans. Atleast not for this bus and not for a while.

Cheers.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:20 PM   #12
Skoolie

Year: 1950
Coachwork: don't know
Chassis: cheverolet
Engine: to be determined
Rated Cap: 28

the very easy way to feel as if you have ditched them and not completely changed the suspension, like a four link or other variations is to go with a monoleaf and oversiazed bags
dale
delbertinie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:43 PM   #13
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

I cut off the stock suspension on my 1993 Toyota and built my own front and rear suspension. But I used leafs. It does exactly what I want it to do (AMAZING flex and wheel travel for offroad type adventures) but I'm just not comfortable enough to step up to the big leagues yet. Hopefully I can do some schooling and go from there.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:25 AM   #14
Site Team

I think compromise and sacrifice should be mentioned also. Wanting to run you A/C, microwave and big honkin hairdryer all at the same time is a little excessive. The more you want to do, the more you have to pay. In my mom's kitchen, you run the microwave, electric kettle or toaster seperately. Pick ONE. Not two or three at the same time. That's not in a skoolie or a RV. I would be worried about torching something if I just overload the circuit.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #15
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky
... Living in a schoolie is about getting away from a house yet still being able to live comfy, not so much about living on a powerplant on wheels... I mean hell you might as well just stay in an apartment
You live in a house/apt don't you?

I like being able to dry my hair with the hair dryer, use my AC only refrigerator AND freezer, run the air conditioner when it gets hot out, watch TV or a DVD, not to mention use my desktop computer.
http://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote