Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2017, 12:45 AM   #21
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadiana View Post
Thanks for your quick replies! I had a feeling aerodynamics was not a large concern with buses. For me, not being a confident driver, it seems the most important aspect of raising a roof is the center of gravity issue. But is it that buses are heavy enough that it doesn't really matter?

Also Re #4 - when you say "frame" is that different from a chassis? So, the frame sits on top of the chassis??

I am thinking of some smaller RVs, such as the Tiger, which is built down low on top of the chassis of a cutaway truck. A bus body goes down low on the outside but has a raised floor inside due to its frame, is that it?

Is raising the roof is better for longer buses than for shorties? I'm picturing a high shorty not handling well enough to avoid toppling over. Am I totally wrong?
doesnt matter if short or long if you go too fast around a corner..... Long time ago I went a bit too fast with my coach bus on a corner by salem oregon, n almost lost it... raised does make things much more top heavy.

Old 07-30-2017, 09:24 AM   #22
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: bluebird
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 3116 catapillar
Rated Cap: 71 now 2 humans 1 cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
1) yes
2) yes
3) yes- aerodynamics of a brick.
4) no- frame is in the way.
1 would be a no for me as headroom is nice but i want to superinsulate the roof with 4 to 6 inches to stop the summer heat and have some insulation sandwiched between plywood floor to stop noise and floor heat from hot highways 3 i dont think is a issue if you keep heavy stuff low (bluebird has some fantastic stock sway bars front and rear) and it does provide more storage im cutting mine in 2 weeks i found #4 to be amusing
mmoore6856 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
height, roof raise