Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2005, 03:44 PM   #1
Skoolie

Leaks here and there

Howdy all

Well, I found another leak that appears only when the bus is tilted to the right side. Right above the sliding window on the driver's side above the switch paneling. Water leaks right onto the panel box, pooling around the defrost vent propably to drip on the floor.

I believe it has something to do with the poor draining channels along the side of the roof itself. How have folks here been dealing with those leaks. Naturally here in Calif, we get little rain but the past few weeks have proven to be really wet and crazy. However once the bus is ready for the road other states will be less dry.

Tips, anyone? Thanks!

----------------
1990 International Ward Volunteer "Fantastic Voyage"
pangaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 09:07 AM   #2
Skoolie

I check for leaks with sprinklers and/or a garden hose running full blast to FLOOD the area I'm checking.

I don't recommend using silicone sealant, as the acetic acid used to cure the rubber can corrode the metal surrounding/contacting it.
I use butyl rubber sealants only. Tough and resiliant, and available.
Some may be paintable as well.