Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-11-2019, 05:47 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Candia, NH
Posts: 5
Year: 1999
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 20' Thomas
Engine: 3800 t444e
Rated Cap: 35
Need help finding replacement windows for my 1999 Thomas international 3800

Hello skoolies,

Long time listener, first time caller. I have some windows in my bus that got shot out by BB guns and I'm having a hard time finding anywhere on the internet that sells windows panes for buses. Does anyone know where I can go to get me new window panes or even whole windows if that's the only way. I need two 25" panes and one 35" pane
Lifepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 06:15 PM   #2
Bus Nut
 
musigenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 989
Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifepirate View Post
Hello skoolies,

Long time listener, first time caller. I have some windows in my bus that got shot out by BB guns and I'm having a hard time finding anywhere on the internet that sells windows panes for buses. Does anyone know where I can go to get me new window panes or even whole windows if that's the only way. I need two 25" panes and one 35" pane
I have four emergency exit full windows from a 2003 International that you could have, although I'm not sure they would work at all and definitely wouldn't for your wider window. The panes by themselves wouldn't work because they're smaller in an exit window than in a normal window, so you'd have to replace the whole window and I'm not sure whether your bus has a different opening width for exit windows than normal ones.

I got these windows from inhof009 with the intent of replacing four of my normal windows with them, but a) these windows are 23" tall and my bus has 29" tall windows, and b) my bus at least requires 1" wider openings for exit windows to function. But if two of them would work for you I'd be happy to send them your way.
__________________
Rusty 87 build thread
musigenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 06:40 PM   #3
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 7,551
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
I've got a ton of left over windows. Go to the UserCP and fill out your profile with your location and bus info.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 06:47 PM   #4
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Candia, NH
Posts: 5
Year: 1999
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 20' Thomas
Engine: 3800 t444e
Rated Cap: 35
Alright I went ahead and filled out my info. Let me know if I can provide you with anything else.
Lifepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 07:33 PM   #5
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 7,551
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifepirate View Post
Alright I went ahead and filled out my info. Let me know if I can provide you with anything else.
Going to be heading to Ct. at the end of the month. Have a brother in Maine on the NH border. Let me know if getting them that far and when helps.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 02:15 PM   #6
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Candia, NH
Posts: 5
Year: 1999
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 20' Thomas
Engine: 3800 t444e
Rated Cap: 35
Hi, sorry for taking a week to respond. I work 6 days a week and have been very busy. The NH Maine border at the coast is less than an hour from me. I'm absolutely willing to make a trip to pick them up. How much per window? Thanks again!
Lifepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 02:22 PM   #7
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,583
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
I've got a ton of left over windows. Go to the UserCP and fill out your profile with your location and bus info.

Have you any emergency exit windows? For some reason, the ones that were originally in my bus were removed by the school district and replaced with non-exit ones....
Brad_SwiftFur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 03:30 PM   #8
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 7,551
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_SwiftFur View Post
Have you any emergency exit windows? For some reason, the ones that were originally in my bus were removed by the school district and replaced with non-exit ones....
No E windows, just the standard.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 03:31 PM   #9
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 7,551
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifepirate View Post
Hi, sorry for taking a week to respond. I work 6 days a week and have been very busy. The NH Maine border at the coast is less than an hour from me. I'm absolutely willing to make a trip to pick them up. How much per window? Thanks again!
Make me an offer I can't refuse. I had planned on being up there on the 1st, but I'm about 30 days behind. I'll keep you posted.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 08:02 PM   #10
Bus Nut
 
musigenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 989
Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Make me an offer I can't refuse. I had planned on being up there on the 1st, but I'm about 30 days behind. I'll keep you posted.
Are your windows the tall kind (about 29") or the short kind (about 23")?
__________________
Rusty 87 build thread
musigenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.