Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2010, 11:53 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 90
Coachwork: blue bird
Chassis: International
Engine: Navistar Straight 6 Turbo
Rated Cap: 65
Registration Paperwork, Washington state.

If your bus ways less than 26,001 lbs in the state of Washington, it doesn't have to be inspected by the WSP prior to change of classification.

This came from the Inspection station in Shelton, Washington that is part of the WSP academy.

Just go to the inspection station, show them an official weight slip, get something from them stating that as it is under the weight limit it is exempt from their inspection requirements. (I had them e-mail it to me and copied the message.)

Take that statement along with the weight slip to a satellite licensing office, like a bank. They are less likely to ask a lot of dumb questions.

I did not have to show proof of insurance at that time as i was not plating or tagging. I just wanted my title to say motor home, not school bus as this is a huge red flag to insurance companies.

Don't know if any of this will help anyone outside the state of Washington, but is worth a try.

in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain
newbusser is offline   Reply With Quote