Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2016, 10:55 AM   #1

Reporting Looking for Experts

I'm working on a story for realtor.com on school bus conversions into RVs and was hoping to chat with someone who specializes in this for the piece. I'm at (212) 416-3011 and my deadline is immediate. - Clare Trapasso

claretrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:50 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Welcome aboard Clare

I'm not deep enough into my conversion to be much help, and I'm only into my second year of my five year plan. So I don't think you'll want to wait on me.

But I will go on the record as saying....
"I should have done this 35 years ago!"
"Rent Is Too Damn High!"
"I refuse to pay someone else's mortgage"
Old 09-14-2016, 04:40 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford
Engine: Detroit 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
Is realtor.com interested in RV's mad skoolie's or small homes? (Not trying to be rude)
Most RV's and small homes and just about most homes are cookie cutter with some specifics to the name of that style of home? You will never find a skoolie built the cookie cutter (for now) cause every owner buys and builds there own to meet there ideas in design,budget, and it is built to what they would like from there own ideas and efforts and I can't speak for all but I can say that I am ready to hit the road but there is always something else I want or would like to change? Mine is because I built my children's beds around the size they had at the time and 6- yrs. later I have teenagers that don't quite fit anymore and I didn't leave room to extend?
Each and every skoolie is built to the owners ideas, plans and budget?
Unless someone starts a skoolie conversion factory then there will never be a cookie cutter skoolie. And anyone that wants to buy one already converted needs to be happy with what they buy or join this forum for advice cause others might already know the bus? I know if I ever sell mine and the owner wants to move anything then they need to have some knowledge about what there doing? I built mine and the only way any thing is moving is to take it apart piece by piece. The way it was built. You can put me on record of you want.
I really think you need to go through the forum ADMIN and get permission before you get to far?
Jolly Roger is offline   Reply With Quote