Old 02-12-2012, 02:09 AM   #11
Year: 1986
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE
Engine: 3208TA Cat 250HP
Rated Cap: 84
Re: Room dividers?

In a remodel we did some time ago... we extended a kitchen peninsula out on to a pergo floor, and nailed right thru it. According to the "Rep" at the lumber yard, the floating is for the exact reason described above, expansion and contraction. In the little amount of sqare footage that was actullay secured to the floor, that floating was not an issue. The design was for large areas not to expand and buckle within the walls. And the no nail- pergo design is for cosmetic reasons (people did not want to see nail heads. So, I am pretty sure, a wall or two or four, at an average of two feet long + or - , will not buckle your Pergo. This is only information shared as heard from the "Rep". But, after more than 5 yrs, the floor we dealt with is doin great!
TUMBLEWEED (AKA Rufus) build:
PICTURES : ... M-HP/Rufus
thommassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #12
Year: 1995
Coachwork: Carpenter
Engine: International T444E
Rated Cap: 71
Re: Room dividers?

Originally Posted by JA Savage
I am assuming that the places you "wanted a vertical piece of plywood as a wall" instead of a stud wall were places that you did not want (or need) to run electric lines or plumbing. Am I correct? And did you use the corner brackets all of the way around the piece of plywood on one side or both sides.
Yes you are correct, what is pictured are the head an foot of the bunks. In this case I didn't use the brackets all the way around becuse the walls are attached to the bunks and only needed a couple of points at the top. But, I don't see any reason that they could be attached with brackets all the way around.
mchunt is offline   Reply With Quote