Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2018, 07:08 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Trick my Truck would have been a good show for help on building skoolies

There was what we could almost say was a skoolie on the former CMT TV show Trick my Truck. That was the Mad Max episode. The bus was an International Thomas and what the driver did was that he took a rescue truck and put it on this Thomas school bus chassis. With my dream bus for if I ever drive, I want the dome lights to be exactly like the bus once had when it was new. I am not sure what shape did Carpenter had in the early 1960s on their dome lights. But for my bus (if I ever start driving), and I want it to be an early 1960s Vistaramic Carpenter sitting on an International chassis with an inward/outward door. On the outside of the bus, I want it to have a glittery metallic blue. Ryno said to have that glittery type is that you want to have flake mixed in with inner-coat clear. On the inside, I want a two-tone green. Like a blue-green on the upper part with a dark green on the lower part. And the doors, I would want them to remain manually controlled. Only addition would be to have a dome light backstop behind me.

1964 Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 06:12 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Carpenter hasnt changed their dome lights much.. they were always rectangular covers with the word carpenter written across them. even my 91 has the same dome lights.

love the vistaramics they were rare indeed
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote