Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2018, 08:44 AM   #1

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: Cummins 5.7
YAQ on Safety Interlock Removal

All,

Thank you for reading my question! I have searched skoolie.net and read many, many threads on this topic. I think I have a unique spin on it.

Using some of the brilliant howtos on skoolie, I started to tackle this dreaded issue with confidence.

My bus was previously converted in mid 2000's and is a 95 Thomas pusher. after sitting for 4 years I purchased it this last February and have been bringing in back to its glorious road worthy, trip touring, exploring bus.

So, the interlock........seems the previous owner did the bypass and removal off the relay. See attached photos. But I have the buzz and no power to the starter. I can jump the starter gap with a screwdriver and he starts just fine.

Since the bypass is already done, I have not been able to identify why this is happening again.

My only hope is an unidentified, aftermarket installed black wire that is stretched tight and attached to the trace wire terminal in the electrical box. And I have not been able to find in the rear.

Any ideas or suggestions of directions to take would be greatly and deeply appreciated!

The blue highways and back roads are calling,
John
Attached Thumbnails
20180515_164457.jpg   20180515_164536.jpg   20180515_164609.jpg   20180515_164622.jpg  

will_dev is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
howto, interlock, starting, thomas