Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2007, 11:16 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1961
Coachwork: Chevrolet of Canada
Chassis: Chevrolet Apache 30 (stock)
Engine: 6 banger, 4 speed.
Rated Cap: 15
1 of a kind

hey all...well i got'er home...was a flawless "tow home" the few measurements i took to make brackets at home for the tow-bar, worked!..brought her home saturday, and started cleaning her out, and inspecting...amazing enuf under 46 years of grease and dirt build-up, the motor is still blue. turns over by hand, but the starter is shot. but it does give me hope,that will have to wait till payday.still plenty I can do till then...oh and shes a 15 passenger (2 per seat on drivers side-1 on passenger side) Im still trying to figure other things out about her, but I may just email Chevrolet of Canada to find out about her. see'n as it is a Canadian built bus. hopefully they can help me in some way. well time to go and shower off some 46 year old dirt.
Attached Thumbnails
home4.JPG  

1 of a kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:47 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH S1723
Engine: IH V345 Gas V8
Rated Cap: 66
Re: 1 of a kind

Glad to hear "baby" and proud parent made it home safely! That's a very nice looking bus, can't wait to watch your progress! 'Gratz!
Old 09-09-2007, 10:11 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1961
Coachwork: Chevrolet of Canada
Chassis: Chevrolet Apache 30 (stock)
Engine: 6 banger, 4 speed.
Rated Cap: 15
Re: 1 of a kind

hey there...thanks Griff. you are right, I am a proud parent. specially now that I got'r running...IS AWSOME!

And thanks Shortbus, she is nice. I been searching for many years for "something ODD"... think I found her. My plans are easy...Outside will be restored to original (colors, lettering, etc) but inside will be camperized in a late 60s / early 70s theme. I want people to see a regular looking bus outside, but when they look inside, they will see a usuable camping interior. Basically I want people to have"flashbacks" of "the good ole days" but....the interior will not be set up HIPPY style. I have found a wrecked late 60s trailer with a near perfect interior, would be perfect (except for the BLUE appliances) or I may just build from fresh. Either way, it will be a fun project. I just finished getting it running and fixed the clutch...so we got our 1st LIL DRIVE...yeeeeeeeeehaw...next is welding and some body work, before the snow comes, then it ill be inside time.
btw Shortbus...altho I have no formal training or anything, I "just do it" I think every1 has the ability and know-how, nomatter what the task.

welp. time to shower off some 7 year old gas...smells like hell
PEACE, Max
1 of a kind is offline   Reply With Quote