Hi Tango and All, By the time i realized that I did not have a pic of the drive mechanism I had removed the entire wiper mechanism and started to clean up the parts--I'm sure I'll find a chance to snap a shot to share when I reassemble things.
One of the things that keeps this kind of project interesting is that you can't always be sure of what you will work on next. I had planned to continue work on the wipers but when my upholstry guy and buddy called and said my tent material was in and that he had a free day to play with the pop top I instantly changed plans and we spent the day working on the pop up. Fernando and I have been friends for many years and I know that the first words I will hear him speak when I try to describe one of my hare brained ideas is "That won't work". Of course he then procedes to make it work in spite of himself. I always try (or so he would say) to make a change order half way through the job and it really gets his goat. I guess I just like to hear him say "that won't work
True to form I've decided that the tent wall needs to have a couple of zippered windows with screens--they need to have round corners to look right and Fernando, true to form, said "that won't work" so I am very encouraged
We test fit the material sticking it up with duct tape and ran the top up and down a few times to see how things looked. Fernando assures me that the wrinkles will disapear once I get the material correctly installed. Also, there will be a flap added front and rear to direct rain water away from the opening and down the slope of the bus like the one