Hello All, I spent so much time looking up the spelling of "chamfer" that I timed out and had to start over!!!!! I hate that!!!! I got a little more done on my door today. I doug out my chop saw and cut the pole which supports and rotates the door as it was way too long. I'll weld it back together once I determine what the right length is. I'll CHAMFER the edges of the mating surfaces and fill the CHAMFER with weld. I'll also press a piece of cold rolled steel into the void in the center of the pole for added support. Since the filler is just a bit larger in diameter than the void I'll freeze the rod just before pressing it into the pole as the cold seems to shrink the metal just enough to make it easily fit into the recieving part (pole).
I got as far as building the brackets for the pneumatic drive and doing a test fit. So far I am quite encouraged as the real deal matches the drawing and the model.. The proof of the pudding will come when I test fit the door. Way too late and way too cold to do that today sooooo. Too much fun
[b] From left to right: lower bracket, upper bracket, steel rod, cut off lower pole, cut off upper pole with bearing (the thing that looks like a spool of grey thread).
[b] Test fit of pneumatic motor, lower arm and elbow.